I finally 50d my Dark Dark Darkity von Darkness Troller

Snarky

Congrats on 50. Some pet advice, specifically for high-level play:

The Dark/Dark pets are squishy. They also don't tend to stay close.

The Haunts don't get summoned if you "corpse blast".

Use the Haunts power slots to hold the global pet Defense/Resistance auras, to try to keep the other pets alive longer. This is losing some offense, but the advantages for team play (as a Dark/Dark controller) are the PBAoE heals and debuffs from the Umbra Beast and Dark Servant. You can still summon the Haunts of course.

Focusing on personal Recharge is a good idea, as many of the Dark/Dark powers are force multipliers as well as improving survival chances.

On 2/27/2024 at 2:20 AM, Snarky said:

As I look at building this for ITF teams and Incarnate leagues…

How good/necessary are the pets?   I really just want to get my cooldowns on the big AoEs down right???

How necessary they are depends on your playstyle, but as a 'fire-and-forget' every couple of minutes you're definitely better off with the Beast and Servant than without.

Also, they might seem kind of squishy on their own, but when you add perma-Fade, Shadowfall and Maneuvers, they get a lot less squishy in a hurry. Then add the pet Resist and Defense auras and the benefits of the occasional Darkest Night or Fearsome Stare and suddenly they become durable as hell. That's not counting any ancillary benefits they might get from your teammates as well.

Here's my 'don't break the bank' L50 build. With more or less perma-Fade she is at the soft-cap for all positional defenses AND at the hard cap for Smashing, Lethal and Energy Resistance. She also features 164% Global Recharge.

[Mistress of Chains].mbd

Edited by Story Archer
  • Thanks 1