Logical mission locations

When a contact sends you to a warehouse and the mission takes place in a warehouse, the only thing standing between the two is the gabled porch of a nice manor house... There is no shortage of industrial buildings on the maps, missions should be placed at intelligent locations. And how about an interior set for a private house, for that manner? If it turns out to be an immense mansion with stairways and floors and hallways, I won't be surprised. After all, endless depots can hide inside modest buildings and miles-long sand warrens and crystal caves sprawl below city sidewalks.

I'm actually quite fed up with warehouses. It's like I'm some kind of industrial facilities inspector.

• Like 2

I know the Dollface mansion map is reused in one of Trilogy's missions, just without the big portrait and with a different final room. Then there's Manticore's mansion seen in the Twinshot arcs, which uses similar assets but in much better condition. Both of these maps are just so nice that I wish we had generic "Mansion" and "Abandoned Mansion" maps using their tilesets.

• Like 1

Uh... How does that relate? I know goldside has a nice (if repetitive) high-tech lab tileset, a genuinely snazzy palette swap of the office tileset and a rather boring underground tunnels tileset, all of which are typically keyed to doors which make sense, but that doesn't help blueside and redside much.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 6:57 AM, Vic Raiden said:

Uh... How does that relate? I know goldside has a nice (if repetitive) high-tech lab tileset, a genuinely snazzy palette swap of the office tileset and a rather boring underground tunnels tileset, all of which are typically keyed to doors which make sense, but that doesn't help blueside and redside much.

A lot of the mission locations are a situation where you head to a certain building, and the building actually is what the mission says on the tin.