Storm/Storm corruptor

i was trying to look up some stuff on storm blast as i have a 44 storm/storm corruptor to see which powers are able to use procs properly so i can properly make a build in mids. all I've found so far is something on storm cell and cat 5 but i know chain lightning wont give me any procs as I've tried it with performance shifter chance for +end. does anyone have any tips on how i should move forward? i have recently moved forward in my building toons but corruptors are still rather a mystery in how i should do things. as i just have a lvl 50 fire/kin and it was made off a build i found.

12 hours ago, Shielded Thunder said:

i was trying to look up some stuff on storm blast as i have a 44 storm/storm corruptor to see which powers are able to use procs properly so i can properly make a build in mids. all I've found so far is something on storm cell and cat 5 but i know chain lightning wont give me any procs as I've tried it with performance shifter chance for +end. does anyone have any tips on how i should move forward? i have recently moved forward in my building toons but corruptors are still rather a mystery in how i should do things. as i just have a lvl 50 fire/kin and it was made off a build i found.

from what I understand, very few powers in storm are proc-worthy, so slotting them normally is your best bet.

Have one, retired it at 50, didn’t find it was versatile enough (for me, YMMV) to continue achieving Incarnate powers.

Your playstyle may differ than mine, but every /Storm anything I’ve ever built was built for high +Recharge and with that as many +Recovery tools as I can muster until I get Destiny>Ageless.  Now do keep in mind that from what the brighter minds than mine have discovered, anything that gives you global +Recharge will negatively impact the chance of a Proc firing off.  I don’t mind that much as I’ve found insane +Recharge gives me more of what I want than procs firing off more frequently than they do, but overall attacks moving slower than I’d like.  So again…YMMV.

So on my Storm/Storm/Dark Corr (retired before the big change to Soul Drain so I wont discuss slotting for that), I’ve got procs in the following powers:

Jet Stream: Sudden Acceleration: Kb2Kd, also good spot to split the 3 Scourging Blast ATO’s if you don’t put Apoc’s into Lightning Storm

Direct Strike: I tend to put the five Apocs here if I’m not putting them into Lightning Storm (see below), but by time you can slot purple sets, Judgement is just around the corner and thus you might not be interested in purples here.

Chain Lightning can take pretty much the same procs as Freezing Rain (see below), but I found I liked the Malice of the Corr ATO full 6-slot set in here, and then Catalyzing them to Superior versions at 50.  So while you can proc it out, I didn’t.

Category Five is very similar to Chain Lightning and Freezing Rain in what procs it can take.  Personally, at 50, I five-slotted it with Ragnarok’s, including the damage proc, and then threw in a sixth slot for FF+Recharge.

Storm Secondary, however, is very procc’able:

Gale: FF+Recharge, plus Sudden Acceleration Kb2Kd, and Achilles -RES

Freezing Rain: Achilles % for -RES, Annhilation Chance for Res Debuff, Bombardment Chance for Fire Damage, Touch of Lady Grey, Chance for Neg Damage, Ice Mistral’s Torment Chance for Cold Damage, Ragnarok Chance for Knockdown, Frozen Blast Chance for Immobilize….many many others, I’m just listing some of the more popular ones.

Tornado: Sudden Acceleration: Kb2Kd, FF +Recharge, Shield Breaker Chance for Lethal Damage and literally a dozen other procs.  I’m only listing the ones I prefer to use but since this is a pet-like power, it takes most of the pet procs also (not that you likely need them). 

Lighting Storm: Superior Scourging Blast, % for Minor PbAoE +End/+Health (usually 3 slot this with two other Sup Scourging Blast Corr ATO’s), FF+Recharge, Gladiator’s Javelin,

Chance for Toxic Dmg, Performance Shifter, Chance for +END.  Can also take an Apoc Chance for Neg Energy, a Devastation, Chance for Hold, an Explosive Strike, Chance for Smashing Damage and several other different kinds.  Personally, at 50, I typically just slot 5 slot it with Apoc purple set (including the Neg Energy proc) and a sixth slot for FF+Recharge.

So to answer your question….tons of procs will fit into a Storm/Storm corruptor build.  Whether or not it’s enough damage output to satisfy you is something I can’t answer.  And I can speak for the FF+Recharge procs…I averaged about 220-250% +Recharge at all times with the build.  But I just found the mechanics of the Storm Blast set to be severely lacking.  I did try a respec build on Beta before this release, and it showed some improvements for sure, but still….not a top tier set for my tastes, even with crazy recharge.