Help a dyscalculiate optimise his build. Bots/Time

Ejlertson

Hi all

I hope someone will help me polish this one into the laserspitting deathmachine I feel it deserves to be.

Its an older build and I mostly like how it playes but Im dusting it off and hope some of you might have sugestions for a improved version taht let me Tank like a robotic God and spit fire like a Titan or something 😉

Build in mids:

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

Edited by Ejlertson

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

Maybe it's just me, but I can't open datachunks anymore. Copy/paste the Mids' file and post. It will be pretty easy to hit softcap. Power Boosted Farsight will provide around +21% def. Protector Bots around +13%. Steadfast and Glad Armor gives +6%. Maneuvers around +4% and CJ +2.5%.

Or skip Power Boost, and pick up Weave instead to reach softcap. Take Tough and Charged Armor. You could still be softcap and have +75% res to S/L. Energy res will be high as well. Or try the new Murky Cloud and get decent res to F/C/E/N. 

Or maybe skip Weave/Power Boost (Putting you at around +40% def) and let Time's Juncture's -tohit debuff do its thing. There are a lot of options to make Bots/Time a strong build. The Bot's +def buff to MM is huge and makes slotting a lot easier since you won't have to chase +def set bonuses. 

I seem to be able to import the build OK - have attached a copy as an actual Mids Reborn file.

Bots_Time.mbd

Anyways, my immediate thoughts:

• Protector Bots wants +Defense slotting - ideally cap it.
  • Battle Drones don't need a KB->KD IO any more. They do however benefit from an "Explosive Strike" Damage Proc.
  • Assault Bots *DOES* need a KB-> KD IO (for regular Swarm Missiles)
  • Equip Robot wants +Resistance capped
  • Upgrade Robot wants the Preventative Medicine Unique (it's about the only useful thing you can slot there)
  • Why +RunSpeed in Stamina?
  • Why No Temporal Selection??!? It buffs your Bots' damage!
  • Defence Cap Maneuvers if you're going to take it.
  • You are a Bots/Time. You do *NOT* need the extra Defence from Scorpion Shield. Use it as a dump for a LOTG and/or one of the +res uniques.
  • You're very starved for Accuracy in things like Time Crawl and Slowed Response and Time Stop.
  • There's a new Slow Set called "Ice Mistral's Torment" with an additional Damage Proc you can fit into Distortion field, since you seem to be into that kind of thing I guess? (Distortion Field's 20ft radius means that even the SLOW set damage Procs within it will each be getting only a 17.95% chance to activate every 10 seconds. And the Hold effect only kicks in very rarely)
  • You'll want at least one personal attack from the MM for -Regen debuffs. Photon Grenade is decent; but it's rather costly in Endurance to use regularly.
  • Between Temporal Mending and Chrono Shift? Lose the Maintenance Drone. 
  • Incarnates: Aim for Clarion Radial Epiphany Destiny (Mez Protection for you and the Bots) and either an Intuition Radial Paragon or Musculature Core Paragon Alpha Slot. MM Hybrid tends to be Support Core Embodiment and Interface tends to be Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface. Judgement and Lore can be pretty much anything, although personally I'm partial to Void Radial Final Judgement and IDF Total Radial Improved Ally.

I'm really not sure why you're slotting that many Damage Procs, but haven't taken Assault or an AoE Immobilise? Your Burn Missile Patches will melt things **FAR** faster than your procs will as long as you can keep your Assbot alive and damage buffed and the mobs clustered together.

Edited by Maelwys

17 minutes ago, Ejlertson said:

Thanks for the reply.

If you got a suggestion for a build or two I would appreciate it 😄

Maybe look at something like the below for some inspiration/ideas?
(Photon Grenade can be swapped for Tactics/Arcane Bolt/Spirit Ward/Whatever if you don't fancy using it as a Proc Cannon)

zMastermind - Robots - Time.mbd

[EDIT: Tweaked it a bit to get a few extra Procs in Distortion Field]

Edited by Maelwys
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Maelwys said:

Maybe look at something like the below for some inspiration/ideas?
(Photon Grenade can be swapped for Tactics/Arcane Bolt/Spirit Ward/Whatever if you don't fancy using it as a Proc Cannon)

zMastermind - Robots - Time.mbd

Thank you.

And damn does your avatar take me back to the good old days or Arcade halls and Golden Axe

• Thumbs Up 1

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

• 3 weeks later

Sorry to necro a 20 day old post. I hadn't posted my Bots/Time MM build yet, but I figured after all the testing I did for it, I should at least lend a hand here. This build focuses on pumping yourself and bots' defenses of Melee, Ranged and AOE to softcap and beyond, while having massive control over the battlefield. I solo +2/8 AE farms with this easily, and rarely lose any bots. Best thing to do is put the assault bot in aggressive mode, and keep the protectors/battle bots in bodyguard mode (Follow/Defensive). Save Time Stop for any bosses/elites/avs, but cast Time Crawl on them before using Time Stop (Crawl enhances almost everything else, and makes it possible for us to hold AVs with ease). With your debuffs, slows, holds and heals you can dominate the field with perma hasten, farsight and chronoshift.

Mastermind (Robotics - Time Manipulation).mbd

• Like 1

Might be worth pointing out the benefits of Radial Clarion Destiny slot here too.
With ED-capped +Defense slotting, Farsight grants about ~14.68% Defence to all.
Power Boost raises that to ~20.82%
Power Boost AND Clarion Radial Epiphany (or Clarion Total Radial Invocation) brings that total up to ~28.32%

Throw in another ~4.13% from Maneuvers and +10% from the two +Def IOs and your pets will be just shy of the regular 45% Def Softcap.
Add Protector Bot bubbles (even with just a single LOTG) and you're well into Incarnate Softcap territory; just need to remember to click three buttons every 120s.

Edited by Maelwys
  • Like 1