Differences between CoH and CoV missions?

I happen to find the red-side missions better written than the blue side ones; some of this is certainly due to the latter launch of CoV. One thing I especially like about red side is that villains get to face off against blue side TFs and Trainers... as well as red side patrons+... throughout regular mission arcs. The closest heroes get are the Praetorian arcs and occasionally turned-up Safeguard missions. Heroes get a taste of this in the revamped Faultline arcs, but otherwise it seems like a blue sider has to go out of their way to face off against the A-tier.

On 4/11/2024 at 3:08 PM, tidge said:

I happen to find the red-side missions better written than the blue side ones; some of this is certainly due to the latter launch of CoV. One thing I especially like about red side is that villains get to face off against blue side TFs and Trainers... as well as red side patrons+... throughout regular mission arcs. The closest heroes get are the Praetorian arcs and occasionally turned-up Safeguard missions. Heroes get a taste of this in the revamped Faultline arcs, but otherwise it seems like a blue sider has to go out of their way to face off against the A-tier.

Redside definitely makes you feel (at least as far as what you're fighting within the missions) like you're getting to the point of making a real name for yourself among the powerful.

You're going toe to toe with the Vindicators, the Freedom Phalanx, punching Big Named Heroes(tm) in the face regularly, etc, once you get into the 25+ range. Once you hit Nerva you'll get missions to go after individual named heroes like Aurora Borealis, Luminary, etc.

On the hero side, you're generally just facing off against "Family boss mob with a name", "Carnie boss with a name", "Council Archon-of-the-week", etc, unless it's in a TF. It's only at 40+ that you really start fighting Big Names(tm) solo.

Course, the downside is on redside a LOT of the contacts treat you like you're mud on the bottom of their shoe, rather than someone who could snap them in half. I actively try to avoid working with Hardcase because of that. And any time there's a mission where you get to punch him in the face, I'm all in.

But then there's Dean. Everyone's favorite contact. Because D-Mac is awesome.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ashford said:

The difference is you will have a harder time finding groups for missions on villain side because everyone is a hero and just use villain content as a passport

Not everyone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ashford said:

The difference is you will have a harder time finding groups for missions on villain side because everyone is a hero and just use villain content as a passport

"Passport"?  To what? 

Maybe you mean to access stuff like Patron Pools and 4* Aeon speedruns?  But that'd be a passport to the content, not the other way round.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝