Arsenal Control > Tri-Cannon > taunt

Frosticus

Not sure why this is tagged "wai". It definitely is not.

The power description reads:

"Enemies hit by the tri-cannon, including those standing near it will prioritize attacking it over its owner"

It will taunt Protean set as an AV, but not a Longbow warden boss. Definitely not "wai"

It has this line of code:

blank_icon.pngif !target.HasTag?(Raid) && (target>enttype eq 'critter')

and is missing this one:

if target.HasTag?(Raid) && (@ToHitRoll + 0.2 < @ToHit)

It should actually be normalized with the taunt of other troller/dom pets, which don't have those requirements at all, but that is perhaps a different issue.

On 3/6/2024 at 7:51 AM, Frosticus said:

Not sure why this is tagged "wai". It definitely is not.

The power description reads:

"Enemies hit by the tri-cannon, including those standing near it will prioritize attacking it over its owner"

It will taunt Protean set as an AV, but not a Longbow warden boss. Definitely not "wai"

It has this line of code:

and is missing this one:

if target.HasTag?(Raid) && (@ToHitRoll + 0.2 < @ToHit)

It should actually be normalized with the taunt of other troller/dom pets, which don't have those requirements at all, but that is perhaps a different issue.

I am curious.  The  Tri-Gatling Gun has this listed

Additional there is another taunt power AoE 8.0 ft, max 4 targets

My impression was that ours would not be so strong as the earth pet in 1v1 but could taunt some extra mobs, If you compare this to Animated Stone attack are

Now the raid tag https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity-tags.html?tag=raid&q=bears has a long list of npc with it. So my short test with  Arsenal/Savage on Test Server with my pet has a full set of Expedient Reinforcement IOs at lvl 50

So I tested it against the elite boss verison of Nightstar from the Maria Jenkins arc and my Tri-Canon was summed first and attack Nightstar after a couple hits I got the agro but my pet could pull it twice for a brief attack cycle of me. 

Against Siege the same. The pet can pull agro from you and taunt the npc but it seems the attack is not enough after you have done some damge.My guess is this happens only when the additional taunt power happens. Siege did turn around attack and hit my pet then me again. Only after I was doing less dmg or stand idle, my pet would get full control back.

So the taunt is there but it can"t keep up with the dmg/agro from your attacks

I can make a video if this helps.

Tricannon has 2 different taunts.

The 8ft aura is a weak, like a scrapper taunt aura if a scrapper didn't do much attacking. This can taunt up to 4 melee range targets 

It also has a separate (better) taunt that is single target on its ranged attack. 

The ranged taunt is currently disabled (missing a line of code present in ALL other applicable taunt powers) that makes it fail against a wide array of enemies that spawn in normal missions.

Overpowering the taunt effect is not  my concern, it literally isn't doing it to some enemies.

In the ITF it will work against Romulus, but not Requiem. They are standing beside each other...

If tanker gauntlet was missing this line of code it would be glaringly obvious. This has just gone unnoticed because very few players ever used blaster gun drone to soak aggro (short duration makes it cumbersome) and the tricannon version it was copied from is new and wasn't thoroughly tested.

5 hours ago, tricon said:

Against Siege the same. The pet can pull agro from you and taunt the npc but it seems the attack is not enough after you have done some damge.My guess is this happens only when the additional taunt power happens. Siege did turn around attack and hit my pet then me again. Only after I was doing less dmg or stand idle, my pet would get full control back.

I'm no expert on  calculating threat, but I do know that cannon has a 1.5 threat and we have a 1.0. If you are sitting somewhat idle it does enough damage to out aggro you with no taunt at all, especially if you've increases its annoyance factor with an interface debuff. 

Try load up a DA arc and fight a Keyes EB, see if it goes the same or better than nightstar/seige. Going from Protean (works) to Indigo (doesn't work) left me scratching my head at wtf just happened considering I'd only gained a couple levels in between . When I tested nightstar it would shed aggro immediately unless I pinned her and tricannon in  a corner touching. then aggro would shift back and forth as long as I attacked slowly from range (which is about what you'd expect from a short duration weak taunt aura, like stripping aggro off a willpower scrapper heh). From range (me and cannon) a single impale will pull her on to me because the ranged attack is failing to cast taunt on that specific enemy. 

I'll try to upload some vids of it working/not working. I've got family in town for a bit, so playtime is short. 

2 hours ago, Frosticus said:

I'm no expert on  calculating threat, but I do know that cannon has a 1.5 threat and we have a 1.0. If you are sitting somewhat idle it does enough damage to out aggro you with no taunt at all, especially if you've increases its annoyance factor with an interface debuff. 

Try load up a DA arc and fight a Keyes EB, see if it goes the same or better than nightstar/seige. Going from Protean (works) to Indigo (doesn't work) left me scratching my head at wtf just happened considering I'd only gained a couple levels in between . When I tested nightstar it would shed aggro immediately unless I pinned her and tricannon in  a corner touching. then aggro would shift back and forth as long as I attacked slowly from range (which is about what you'd expect from a short duration weak taunt aura, like stripping aggro off a willpower scrapper heh). From range (me and cannon) a single impale will pull her on to me because the ranged attack is failing to cast taunt on that specific enemy. 

I'll try to upload some vids of it working/not working. I've got family in town for a bit, so playtime is short. 

Yes of course.

The small taunt area is working, pretty much summon the pet on top of the elite bosses and that explains it and yeah you are right that the taunt from the gun is not working, depanding on the tag of the enemy.

Tried Tub Ci that liked to stay at range and pet could no taunt it from me. Against a boss like Olympian 29 it worked (no raid tag) . So yeah it seems the need to fix the pet 

if !target.HasTag?(Raid) && (target>enttype eq 'critter')
if target.HasTag?(Raid) && (@ToHitRoll + 0.2 < @ToHit)

That's what you meant, atm it has only the first line, so the 2nd line is missing  and the aoe area has a part of the code missing.

Edited by tricon
  • Thanks 1