Crane's Review Discussion Page

Shout out to the authors who've responded to my reviews! Thanks for giving our community some great stories (and keep it up!). 

Now, as for this thread...

In order to keep the Short Reviews thread focused on your stories, I'm requesting that any responses or discussion about your arcs be placed here. I enjoy reading what everyone has to say (and learning from your experiences and from your arcs! [I've seen some tricks I'm flat-out stealing]). If you'd like to respond, or maybe give me some recs, please drop them here. Bear in mind: I have a new job that allows me less time than my previous, cushy employment did, so I may be a bit slow (I'm also an old fart, so that's another reason for being slow, but let us now dwell on the glories of Ben Gay at this time). Anyhoo, feel free to drop your lines, thoughts, musings, general bitching about AE limitations (these are a given, but gdit, we must voice them!), and anything else you like. In the meantime, keep those stories coming, folks. This is one player (among many) who appreciates what you do.

Visualize Whirled Peas,

Crane

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Posted (edited)

So, per the recent Lost Girls run by @CellyEl,  went back through and found the following things to fix:

Spoiler

TYPO: C1-4 “her” body deteriorates FIXED

CHANGE?: Maybe take off where things can be found in M1, bc Geni spawns WAY into the mish rather than "front" FIXED

TYPO: 2-1 needs a comma FIXED and slightly changed (shortened) verbiage

FORMAT: End pop m2 has a T that should be orange FIXED

ADD LOC TAG: M3 Lady Jane (in office area) ADDED

FORMAT: M3 end text Minutes later should be orange FORMATTED

NARRATIVE: Maybe take out "triggered" part? I dunno. Freitag is a crusty guy. Sorta fits him. LEFT IT

TIMED MISH: Thinking of switching the timer to 1 hour for larger teams. I bypassed mobs and finished that mish in less than 6 mins though. SWITCHED TO 1 HOUR

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

7) Yeah, we all made fun of Freitag for being old a little bit at that. I say keep it.

I think that covers all of it! My usual go to when I want 'oh no a time limit' but don't want to put any pressure whatsoever on my players to not RP the shit out of it is 45 minutes. As is, we cleared it with 15 minutes to spare, so don't feel like it's a big imposition or a necessary change.

(As we all know, the point of a time limit is not always to challenge your players; often, it is rather to place in them a sense of urgency.)

I switched the timer to an hour. Thought about completely dropping it as I have eschewed use of that with all my new mishes. Went ahead and kept it, but gave plenty of time for any clue reading.  

Left Freitag's old man yells at cloud verbiage.:-) (And he did admit he gets triggered by Rocky and Bullwinkle.):-)

Thanks again!