Robots/Elec Build?

Wolfboy1

Does anyone have a build for a Robots/Elec MM?  With all the changes to the game since 2019 I am unsure as to what has changed with MM's and whatnot.  I DO know that Robots now tend to stay ranged instead of running off (when upgraded at least) or at least that's what it seems like but I doubt that is something needed for build advice.

Is /Elec even a worthwhile secondary?  I had a Bots/Dark on live which I loved until, for some reason, it became horrible.  I have never tried /elec on any MM and I am really lost here.  Could an Bots/Elec take down an AV?  Sorry, just rambling at this point. 

Anybody, please?

Going through all the shown builds I do not see any for the post P.5 patch...and those that I do see all do not take any of the MM weapon attacks which I found odd due to the fact that the assbot does not have the -regen aspect to it anymore.  Is this an issue when fighting an AV with the bots/EA powerset?

Sure, here's one.

zMastermind - Robots - Elec.mbd

Two personal attacks, optimised henchmen slotting, S/L/E hardcapped and nearly Perma-Hasten.
Will need to keep both Hover and Barrier Destiny up to reach the Defence Softcap; but otherwise should be decent.
(I skipped the rez, but you could swap SuperSpeed out for either it or Group Fly etc. if you rate either of them over Stealthing missions)

Elec is fine as a secondary. It's not quite top-tier (unlike /Time, for example) due to no +Defence plus the fact that some of the powers simply don't apply to pets and/or can require more micromanagement to affect multiple allied targets... but it's still perfectly usable. Unfortunately you're slower than most MMs (and that's saying something!) to move from place to place and fully "set yourself up", which can prove annoying on fast-moving teams. And yes, you can take down most AVs (MM personal attacks plus Shock and/or Discharge will still drastically affect AV regeneration rate) although it can help to have specific Lore Pets; and certain foes inflict lots of patch damage and/or refuse to stay still.

Edited by Maelwys

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Maelwys said:

Sure, here's one.

zMastermind - Robots - Elec.mbd

Two personal attacks, optimised henchmen slotting, S/L/E hardcapped and nearly Perma-Hasten.
Will need to keep both Hover and Barrier Destiny up to reach the Defence Softcap; but otherwise should be decent.
(I skipped the rez, but you could swap SuperSpeed out for either it or Group Fly etc. if you rate either of them over Stealthing missions)

Elec is fine as a secondary. It's not quite top-tier (unlike /Time, for example) due to no +Defence plus the fact that some of the powers simply don't apply to pets and/or can require more micromanagement to affect multiple allied targets... but it's still perfectly usable. Unfortunately you're slower than most MMs (and that's saying something!) to move from place to place and fully "set yourself up", which can prove annoying on fast-moving teams. And yes, you can take down most AVs (MM personal attacks plus Shock and/or Discharge will still drastically affect AV regeneration rate) although it can help to have specific Lore Pets; and certain foes inflict lots of patch damage and/or refuse to stay still.

Ahh much appreciated Maelwys! 

I was sort of worried about the lack of +Def and obviously those powers that raise people dont work on minions.  The thing that initially led me to the elec secondary was the status protection, the Endurance usage and theme...but yeah I can see how this would be a bit slower then say a Bots/Time (a pairing I do have though not very high in level yet).

Also, I love your Avatar! 😄

Edited by Wolfboy1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No worries.

To be fair, endurance usage isn't really a factor after you get IOed out; and any MM can get "Permanent mez protection" for them and their pets at Lv50 via a Clarion Core Epiphany Destiny slot.
However theme 100% matters! Always play a toon you enjoy over one that might technically perform a bit better!! 🙂 
(far too many mechanically superior toons end up as a glowy noisy mess that has to pause every few seconds to pull out some kind of quantum elephantgun...) 🙈

15 minutes ago, Maelwys said:

No worries.

To be fair, endurance usage isn't really a factor after you get IOed out; and any MM can get "Permanent mez protection" for them and their pets at Lv50 via a Clarion Core Epiphany Destiny slot.

Speaking on that, im a tad confused on this power.  You say Permanent Mez protection but do you have to click it for it to work? (i know its on a 120 sec timer)  Or does it work just by you having it, but if you want to give your teammates mez protection you have to click it? 

Clarion Core Epiphany is a click power that applies AoE mez protection (on YOU as well as on any teammates/pets within 60 feet).
The mez protection starts out very high and drops over time but a substantial amount of it lasts for the entire 120 second duration of the power.
The power also recharges in 120 seconds; so (aside from the animation time) it's effectively perma as long as you cast it as soon as it expires, or leave it on autofire.

I'll generally take either Clarion Core Epiphany or Barrier Core Epiphany on my Masterminds; and some of them (like my Bot/Kin) have both and slot whichever one works better for the situation.

Edited by Maelwys

Thanks, I figured that was how it worked out!

Thanks again for all the information as well.  I got some things to think about (and a lot of inf that I need to save). 🙂 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 11:40 AM, Maelwys said:

No worries.

However theme 100% matters! Always play a toon you enjoy over one that might technically perform a bit better!! 🙂 
(far too many mechanically superior toons end up as a glowy noisy mess that has to pause every few seconds to pull out some kind of quantum elephantgun...) 🙈

Yeah the issue is getting to 50 AND getting IO'ed out.  The market never seems to like me.

I was wondering with the build you gave me (thanks again for that!) would there be any way to get teleport in there?  Mostly just as a travel power, not so much in combat though.  I know the reasoning behind the powers you chose for LotG slots, I am trying to work in teleport though and I am not seeing any opening sadly.  Should I abandon this idea?

I did have a idea to replace Hasten and Superspeed with TP, use the extra slot from Hasten to put an extra one in Teleport for the 20% slow protection which would lend itself to having an extra power somewhere.  Hasten I feel is something that I probably live without.

Edited by Wolfboy1

5 hours ago, Wolfboy1 said:

I was wondering with the build you gave me (thanks again for that!) would there be any way to get teleport in there?  Mostly just as a travel power

Just swap the Flight Pool with the Teleport Pool?
The LOTG in Hover isn't vitally important since the only thing it does is get Hasten and Amp Up a smidge closer to perma.

Also if you really want your MM Softcapped (rather than half a percent under it) then you could also rejig the two Defence IO slots in Hover and/or swap one of the heals to a six-set of Numina... Ideally you'll want positional defences over 19.65% (since you'll get +20.35% from the Protector Bot and +5% from Barrier). So something like the below?

zMastermind - Robots - Elec (TP).mbd
(Ignore the late placement of Combat Teleport - can be swapped out or moved to wherever and the KB Protection IO in it isn't hugely important either)

Also... getting IO'ed out is probably fastest if you've a toon or two that can farm, or like playing the market... but there are other options like spamming TFs or specific Ouroboros Arcs for merits etc.

Edited by Maelwys