Just hit 50 with my rad/rad tank! Enhancement help needed!

13eck

As the title says, I just hit 50 with my rad/rad tanker and would like some advice on how to respec and what enhancements to slot. This is my first 50 on HC, but I have saved a lot and have almost all 40 or 50 basic IOs in all my powers as well as about 35m inf saved up.

Basically I'd like help with:

• What powers (especially pool powers) to take
  • What powers to slot
  • What set enhancements should I prioritize

Current powers and slots:

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-03-09at6_44_02PM.thumb.png.aecd7e18ce49e7011fa4d450c0f4e85d.png

Screenshot2024-03-09at6_44_06PM.thumb.png.e29d69820828e1d26d8f278f5388a580.pngScreenshot2024-03-09at6_51_02PM.thumb.png.732b7f65f8099f6230cc120c505a2890.png

And yes, I'm aware I need to take taunt—I've already been…told in a friendly manner, let's say 😉

I know that I need to prioritize +Res, +Slow Res, and +Recharge. But there are so many sets that it's hard to know what's what. In addition, I'm on a mac so no Mids for me :classic_sad:

Any suggestions/tips/help is greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later

I still work in Mid's, but it's not exporting data chunks for me.  But let me see what I can do. It's a bit late here now, so I'll rustle up my build in Mid's and post it for you to look at. Your priorities (Recharge, Slow Resist, Resist Damage) are spot on. RadArmor needs to rotate clickies to deal with damage spikes. 

For Resists, I've got:

• 90% smash/lethal/energy resist (the most common damage types)
  • 76% fire resist
  • 74% negative resist (common in an ITF)
  • 35% cold (not worries about that)
  • 35% Psi resist (again, its mostly slows that count for psi)
  • 88% toxic (useful in some TFs)

This is without the 8-24% extra resists from the Tanker ATO proc factored in. That will end up capping everything but Psi and Cold which will still end up about 59%. If you add any increase from my sliding scale resistance unique IO (see below), it will go up a few more points into the 60s. 

Defense:

• 32% melee defense (doesn't last long in some TFs with debuffs without some support, but it helps with alphas)
  • 24% smash/lethal defense (helps with avoiding some debuffs)
  • 15% energy/ranged (helps with avoiding some debuffs)

I don't worry much about capping, an occasional purple and Ageless (below) are useful at the odd moment. Mostly regen/heal/resist is taking the brunt of everything. 

Recharge!

• Global recharge rate is 35% before Hasten. This could be increased, but I felt there was diminishing returns. For when you need it (higher level TFs and Trials) there is Ageless to get you higher. 
  • 100% recharge rate resistance (very important)
  • I use Ageless Partial for the END, Recharge and Debuff Resistance, all super important. 

Clicky Heals/Protection:

• Radiation Therapy is on 21 second recharge without Ageless. 17 sec with Ageless. Has Theft of essence proc to also heal endurance. 
  • Particle Shielding is on 42 second recharge without Ageless. 35 sec with Ageless. 
  • These two are your bread and butter survival tools for when incoming damage starts to pile up. Typically I don't need either unless I'm farming and I have about 3-5 spawns patrolling into me. 

I've got all 4 Accolades which grant +hp/endurance ,and currently a total of 2508 hp. Accolades are super important, especially for Tankers (and Brutes). This affects regeneration. 

Regeneration:

• Regeneration is 27 hp/sec and goes up to 47 hp/sec with Particle Shielding. 
  • Regeneration debuff resistance is 85% with Radiation Therapy up (this buff is up pretty much all the time). Very important.

Endurance: 

• This build has plenty of endurance: 5.57 END/sec, and a total drain out of combat of 2.43 END/sec consumption. Well over my minimum target of 2.0 end/sec gain. 
  • Recovery debuff resistance is 86.5% which is also very important. Can mostly ignore Malta Sappers and Juicers, etc. If you do need moar END, you can simply pop Rad Therapy. 

Pools and other stuff

• Like you I took Fighting Pool, Speed (for hasten), Leaping, and Energy Mastery (for Focused Accuracy, Physical Perfection with procs, and Energy Torrent with +recharge proc, to help boost recharge). 
  • Ground Zero has the +Knockdown proc in it from the Winter Set, which is very helpful for mitigation of damage, since you regen quite a bit, and the less time they hit you, the more you can heal up a bit. 
  • Beta Decay has a -5% To Hit, which I stack with my Diagmagnetic proc for up to another -20%to hit, which against regular non AV mobs cuts down on incoming damage quite a bit if they are close to me in melee. Thus, Taunt. Which reduces enemy range distance, so they have to close to you. You want mobs close to you, not far off. 

This character is very tough, does decent damage (I can farm well enough at +3/x8, though I tend to run at +2/x8 for speed when solo), and serves me very well in teams. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Force Redux

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Well, here's the build non-Mid's style:

Radiation Armor:

• Alpha Barrier (4-slotted with Unbreakable Guard including +hp)
  • Proton Amor (4-slotted with Unbreakable Guard)
  • Gamma Boost (2-slotted Prev Medicine (incl proc), 2-slotted Perf Shifter (with proc), a +5 Health IO, a +5 EndMod IO)
  • Fallout Shelter (2-slot Unbreakable Guard)
  • Radiation Therapy (2-slot Theft of Essence including proc, 3-slot Touch of the Nictus, last slot for a +5 heal/recharge IO, any kind)
  • Beta Decay (1 Achilles Heal -resist debuff proc)
  • Particle Shielding (5-slot Doctored Wounds)
  • Ground Zero (4-slot Superior Avalanche including Knockdown Proc)

Radiation Melee:

• Contaminated Strike (full set of Superior Gauntleted Fist including Absorb proc, thought I don't care about the proc rate as much as the set bonuses... you could swap this out into another such as Atom Smasher for better proc rate)
  • Radioactive Smash (3-slot Superior Blistering Cold and 3-slot Touch of Death including NegEnergy Dam Proc)
  • Radiation Siphon (full set of Superior Might of the Tanker including +Resist Dam proc). This is the attack you spam when you need to proc resists and heals.
  • Irradiated Ground (full set of Shield Breaker including damage proc). Damage is low and it doesn't proc well ... so I use it more for taunt and utility. Damage will add up over time, but it's no Quills).
  • Taunt (anything with range/recharge is great, you want to be able to debuff far away targets and bring them to you)
  • Devastating Blow (3-slot Superior Blistering Cold (whatever u didn't put in above), 2- slot TOuch of Death (including Neg Energy proc) and Hecatomb (dam proc)
  • Atom Smasher (for now I have a full set of Obliteration, but I might change this out if I don't mind the drop in Melee Defense)

Pool Powers:

• Health: 3-slotted with health unique procs
  • Stamina: 2-slotted with Performance Shifter including proc and End mod, can +5 this if u like)
  • Combat Jumping: 4-slotted with LOTG global recharge, kismet accuracy, Shield Wall +resist unique, Reactive Defense +scaling damage resist unique)
  • Super Jump: 1 slot with Winter Gift slow resist unique
  • Tough: 3-slotted with Gladiator's Armor Res/End and +Defense Unique, and Steadfast Protection +resist/Defense unique
  • Weave: 2-slotted with LOTG global recharge and def/end
  • Focused Accuracy: 1-slotted with any end/toHitBuff single IO
  • Physical Perfection: 1-slotted with Perf. Shifter +END proc, but there is a diminishing return on this, so you can swap to a health unique or just a +5 END MOD io. This is  the 3rd Perf.Shifter unique and that's about the limit you can have in a build that has any meaning in terms of proc rate. 
  • Energy Torrent: 3-slot positron's blast (can easily be anything else) and Force Feedback +recharge proc; knocks down foes to give you breathing room for regen, and also helps boost recharge)
  • Hasten: 2-slotted with two RechReduction +5 crafted IOs. 

That's the build, I hope it helps. Your  build is certainly moving in the right direction and there are many ways to built. I do tend to build a bit more for toughness than offense on Tankers, but I think my build strikes a good balance. I can also swap out my Interface as needed for a damage proc when solo. 

Oh, also my Alpha is: Muscular Total, because I like the End Mod which affects three powers in this build, and helps get that gain to over 3 endurance per second. 

Welcome to find me on Everlasting if you want to team up and see the build in action. 

Happy nuking!

Edited by Force Redux

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds