An Overly Long Tangent Talking About The Issues With Being Overly Jaded (TM)

McSpazz

20 hours ago, kito said:

I would dubt it, 

one, hard mode is not played by I would guess say most players  ( 30% of the server never seem even get to LVL 50) (in everlasting)   

Two, it's not that hard. The first time there out it might be but the people who play them ever night learn the ins and outs of them in maybe a week. Then when a casual wants to try one we join with them as there hosting and told the what to do an not do finish it in under a hour.  

Three. If your doing hard mode stuff your probably min/maxed to all hell so the rest of the game is baby mode to you. 

Four. It does not fix the issues of people separating IC and ooc as they play.

It might not fix the issue, but the existence of hard mode at least suggests the existence of enemies on par with your character's mechanics. I do know that the devs are working on creating level 50 variations for ALL groups, so maybe, at the very least, a level 50 Hellion will help implant the idea into people's heads that the numbers beside your level aren't the be all end all to power level.

On 3/29/2024 at 8:05 PM, McSpazz said:

It might not fix the issue, but the existence of hard mode at least suggests the existence of enemies on par with your character's mechanics. I do know that the devs are working on creating level 50 variations for ALL groups, so maybe, at the very least, a level 50 Hellion will help implant the idea into people's heads that the numbers beside your level aren't the be all end all to power level.

Level does mean power it's why incarnates are the only way to get past LVL 50. It's part of game lore now the security level thing broke.  

PvP and incarnates kill it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kito said:

Level does mean power it's why incarnates are the only way to get past LVL 50. It's part of game lore now the security level thing broke.  

PvP and incarnates kill it

Well, yes, but actually, no. Your level, as you said, is your security level. This is what is utilized by the pencil pushers to identify what kind of threats you can handle. While it does reflect power mechanically, trying to use it to determine power level as a measure of power level breaks down once you start applying it literally throughout the game.

For example, the Family exists throughout the game from zones as low as Port Oakes all the way up to level 50. While their bosses are changed up some as are the weapons they use, they are still, overall, a bunch of dudes with guns. My favorite example for this, however, are Snakes. The Snakes exist as one of the lowest level enemy groups in the Rogue Isles and they remain that way. Right up until Grandville when they show up as level 50 enemies. What exactly is different about them that would explain pure power level? Not much.

That's entirely speaking on lore, though. I can't speak much on PvP, but as far as Incarnates go? Yes, they are the more recent driver of making older content feel less intense. However, set bonuses LONG before Incarnates made the game trivial in many ways. It was then and now totally up to us to try and keep our expectations in line.