What's My Alignment?

Character bio (short version): an extraterrestrial security robot whose mission is to eradicate "disharmony".  It currently serves Emperor Cole in brutally purging dissidents.

I just discovered Provost Marchand, who offers me a choice of missions.

The game informs me that one mission will take me down the Power track, typified by selfish characters who are corrupt and uncaring.

The other mission will take me down the Responsibility track, typified by virtuous characters who have integrity and peaceful goals.

My character is incorruptible and unselfish, but absolutely does not have peaceful goals.  It would kill 100 hostages to capture one criminal.  At the same time, it is not greedy and doesn't care about status or personal gain.

Does either mission line make sense for my character's personality?  What's your take?

Thanks for any thoughts.  No story spoilers please!

Edited by Zombra

It's best to look at Praetorian alignments as analogues to Dungeons and Dragons alignments.  This is how I look at the four major stories: 

RESISTANCE: Chaotic, you don't support the laws of Praetoria so you make your own way

• Warden: Chaotic Good - You work to bring down the empire with subterfuge and propaganda, typically involving exposing harsh truths
  • Crusader: Chaotic Evil - You aim to bring down the empire with force, typically through acts of terrorism.

LOYALIST: Lawful, you support the Empire and do what you want within their established systems

• Responsibility: Lawful Good - You aim to protect the people who reside within the empire for selfless reasons
  • Power: Lawful Evil - You use the codes and systems set forth for your own betterment for fame, glory, and status among the elite.

There are two additional storylines where you go undercover with the other faction and keep in touch with Marchand/Scott the whole way.  Those blend the lines quite a bit but somewhat stay within their faction's alignment.

Your character concept would probably best fit the Power storyline, and you'll get plenty of opportunities to bring down the hammer on various dissidents along the way for sure.  But it won't be exactly what you're asking for.

You may also consider the Infiltrate Resistance story, but that will involve running missions for the Resistance which might go counter to your stated goals.  You may also have to remake your characrer as in order to get access to this you have to play the tutorial, tell the Clockwork to go topside, and then tell Maurader it was you who did it as Reese tries to take credit.  You then have to find the first Warden contact who won't be labeled until you speak to him.

EDIT: A third option if you instead don't care about the story is that at level 5 you'll get a contact that offers repeatable non-story missions.  You can just keep calling that contact and focus on missions you deem as eliminating dissenters like Resistance, Syndicate and Destroyers.  You won't get any reward merits or storyline badges if you go this route however, if you care about that.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• 2 weeks later