Build Advice/Review: Plant-Thorn-Mace

On 3/18/2024 at 2:47 PM, Spellbook-Everlasting said:

Hello!

I threw together this build since the one I found recently (that was from a few years ago) seemed laughable in its defense and resistances.

Any thoughts on my take on a Plant/Thorn Dominator?

Ouchie Dominator (Plant Control - Thorny Assault).mbd 43.6 kB · 8 downloads

Domi builds will be high recharge dps with no def/res or high recharge ranged defence with a resist epic or high recharge smashing and lethal defense builds running ice/mace epic. So if you were looking at a build with 0 def/res it was probably built for high recharge/damage, probably proc heavy.

You don't have high recharge. So- Hasten, you want that as your no.1 power pool pick unless you specifically have to skip it for thematic reasons and have another way to get perma dom from set bonuses. You don't have high defence either, your s/l defence is kind of sitting in the middle of the 32.5% luck insp needed or t4 40% barrier build or the straight 45% softcapped.

You have fighting/leadership/stealth, 1 of those should go for speed pool and hasten.

Toss the resistance uniques in tough , steadfast and gladiators will give you an extra 6% defence.

If you toss a blessing of the zephyr in superjump you'll get 4 points kb protection, domis don't usually need much, you could drop acrobatics.

Gaussian proc is best slotted in build up. 

Carrion Creepers slots a force feedback+recharge which could help but it won't be enough on its own. You have 6 places to slot the luck of the gambler 7.5% but only placed 4 in the build. Creepers doesn't need lyo piece.

Its really late here so all i did was shuffle a few things, now its 40% s/l def with perma hasten/dom but still needs work. Something to look at:

Ouchie Dominator (Plant Control - Thorny Assault).mbd

Or this 

PLANT THORN - Dominator (Plant Control - Thorny Assault).mbd

I'd go with something like this and just fold space mobs and melee them, relying on force feedbacks for recharge (turns out this build is a ton of fun....with a tank, solo its extremely squishy as i discovered after trying to solo the phalanx on an itf, may have to do some fiddling to toughen it up)

PLANT THORN 2 - Dominator (Plant Control - Thorny Assault).mbd

Edited by Meknomancer