My search-fu is weak. Guide for Willpower and War Mace?

Ejlertson

I don't have a design for this, but I can walk you through how I'd start thinking about it.

In terms of build goals, I’d recommend going with soft-capped E/N/F/C/P and hard-capped S/L. Toxic can be dealt with primarily via exceptional Regen.

So let’s examine our options with War Mace. The powers in War Mace, ranked for single target dpa:

Clobber (106.2)

Jawbreaker (52.3)

Pulverize (50.5)

Shatter (48.0)

Crowd Control (38.1)

Bash (33.4)

Whirling Mace (20.4)

Since Clobber is the only one of those powers above 60 dpa, it makes sense to include Gloom in our rotation instead of a melee attack. We have to take either Bash or Pulverize and Bash is terrible, so we’re stuck with Pulverize. Because it’s an 1.207 AF AE that can slot Armageddon, we’ll go a bit further down the list to grab Shatter. So that gives us:

Clobber (16 sec recharge, 1.452 activation)

Shatter (12 sec recharge, 2.508 activation)

Pulverize (8 sec recharge, 1.716 activation)

Gloom (16 sec recharge, 1.32 activation)

A standard build runs about 100% external recharge and you can slot about 100% recharge internally, so we need enough activations to fit into about a third of those recharges. None of our powers have a small enough recharge to be used twice in any simple rotation.

All of the powers work well within these constraints except Clobber, which would require +257% recharge to fit perfectly. However, we can slot Force Feedback to mostly cover the gaps and then rely on Crowd Control if we don’t get the procs firing.

A first pass at how to slot these:

Clobber: Might of the Tanker. The ATOs have great internal recharge and this is the power we want to prioritize.

Gloom: Apocalypse. Since we probably want to soft-cap Psi Defense, the 6-slot makes sense.

Shatter: 5-slot Armageddon + Force Feedback. Hecatomb will fire more often in the longer recharge power.

Pulverize: 5-slot Hecatomb. We have to put it somewhere and there’s no need to split the ATO on a build as far away from E/N hardcap as this will be. The 6th slot can be whatever.

For the AE:

Crowd Control: 3-slot Eradication, 2-slot Obliteration, Force Feedback. We want the Force Feedback and we probably need a smidge of E/N defense.

Whirling Mace: Gauntleted Fist. We need to put it somewhere and primary doesn’t have any places for it. In all likelihood, we wouldn’t be taking it in the first place if we had slotting options in primary.

Taunt can be slotted with Mocking Beratement. Build Up probably isn’t necessary since we don’t have any long recharge blast powers.

For primary:

High Pain Tolerance: As an auto-power, we only need +resist and +health here. We can probably do some sort of frankenslotting like Aegis (proc, resist), Numina’s (proc, heal), Gladiator’s Armor (proc, resist).

Mind Over Body: 3-slot Impervium + Steadfast Protection + Unbreakable Constraint (proc, R or R/E) would be my gut instinct, but balancing out the various defenses may require different slotting.

Fast Healing: 6-slot Preventative Medicine. Despite wasting all that endurance/recharge, it’s a nice set bonus.

Indomitable Will: LotG proc, 3 slot Reactive Defenses seems like a good starting point.

Rise to the Challenge: I'd probably go with Panacea 5-slot here.

Quick Recovery: Power Transfer proc.

Heightened Senses: LotG proc, 3 slot Shield Wall

Resurgence/Strength of Will: Neither of these have any particular need for slotting and they don’t have particularly good options. We’ve already slotted basically all of the endurance/resist procs we need, so we’ll hold off to see what needs to be massaged at the end.

For pools:

Fighting: We’ll need LotG in Weave and probably need to boost resist (either through Impervium or Aegis, depending on how our defenses look) in Toughness.

Leadership: LotG in Maneuvers, Gaussian’s 1-slot in Tactics, Endurance in Assault

Leaping and/or Flight: We need a third LotG mule. With such a strong dependence on cones, playing as a flying brick makes a lot of sense for the build. In all likelihood, we’ll take both Combat Jumping and Hover.

For epic:

We already committed to Soul Mastery for Gloom. Depending on available slots, we may want to take Dark Obliteration and/or Summon Widow. The latter can be used for Soulbound Allegiance if we still don’t have enough Psi Defense. The former can slot a variety of options, but we only have 4 10% recharge bonuses, so Ragnarok is an option.

For passives:

Stamina: Performance Shifter

Health: Miracle

From there, you simply start massaging the numbers to reach build goals.

• Thanks 1