Tanker electrical armor ice melee

Jimall

Hey guys so as per my title, I went tanker electrical armor and ice melee.

Can anyone give me a rough breakdown on rotations for my armor. I never played a tanker back in the day.

I have one of these that I played up as a praetorian. I would recommend padding resistance up, getting decent recharge/slow resistance for energize. Otherwise for ice melee you get tons of mitigation by slowing mobs, knocking them down, have a hold, and an AoE sleep. Overall it can be a pretty sturdy tank.

Armor wise I would take everything except Power Surge. Ice Melee wise you want for sure Frost, Ice Patch, Freezing Touch, Frozen Aura, Build up. I like the ice swords myself but some people skip them. I couldn't fit taunt in mine and found for general use mobs clinged to me anyways.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

On 3/24/2024 at 6:25 AM, Jimall said:

Can anyone give me a rough breakdown on rotations for my armor. I never played a tanker back in the day.

Unlike the old days your armors will be up all the time, no need to choose or alternate when you have which one active. That said, depending your build either Impervium Armors or Unbreakable Guards would be the way to go, likely four slots. Ice Melee is fun, but Frost in the workhorse of the set, make sure it's up as much as possible. I like to slot at least 3-4 points of KD protection, because Grounded still has the map bug that will bite you when on uneven ground or certain maps (YMMV). You can use 3 Fury of the Gladiator's, or one of either Steadfast Protection, or Karma (depending on your build), there's no real need for more. I like Hasten on Electric Tanks and it will help with the Recharge time of Frost, also take Power Sink and at least 4 slot it. Make sure to use it to, as after about two applications, you'll be trimming down the number of attack opponents can fire at you.

Edited by Warboss
because "Frost" is a workhorse not a workhouse... I shouldn't post early in the mornings...

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

1 hour ago, Warboss said:

Unlike the old days your armors will be up all the time, no need to choose or alternate when you have which one active. That said, depending your build either Impervium Armors or Unbreakable Guards would be the way to go, likely four slots. Ice Melee is fun, but Frost in the workhouse of the set, make sure it's up as much as possible. I like to slot at least 3-4 points of KD protection, because Grounded still has the map bug that will bite you when on uneven ground or certain maps (YMMV). You can use 3 Fury of the Gladiator's, or one of either Steadfast Protection, or Karma (depending on your build), there's no real need for more. I like Hasten on Electric Tanks and it will help with the Recharge time of Frost, also take Power Sink and at least 4 slot it. Make sure to use it to, as after about two applications, you'll be trimming down the number of attack opponents can fire at you.

I recommend slotting Energy Manipulator: Chance to stun and Triumphant Insult: chance to disorient both in power sink. The recharge time almost guarantees they proc on each target you hit, and this will stun 10 minions/lieutenants on 40 second cooldown with no accuracy check required.

Edited by schrodingercat