I don't have to report bugs twice, to support and here

temnix

When I file a Technical Issues ticket in-game and support sees it, don't let them tell me to go to this board and report it. I have reported it already. It wasn't for their entertainment that I sent the ticket.

If Support is sending you to the Bug Reports forum, it is so the devs can see the bug. Odds are, you are getting a GM with a support ticket. And GMs have as much ability to facilitate bug fixes in the game as the rest of us do.

Edit: Also, this should really be on the Suggestions and Feedback forum.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, temnix said:

When I file a Technical Issues ticket in-game and support sees it

The GMs don't have the information you have and can't answer the question that you can answer, and it's a lot easier to get that information and answer those questions here than in the chat window.

Obvi.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

14 minutes ago, Luminara said:

The GMs don't have the information you have and can't answer the question that you can answer, and it's a lot easier to get that information and answer those questions here than in the chat window.

Obvi.

I use letters to type in those tickets. And the letters combine into words, and the words describe the situation in all of the detail that I could give here. Let the GMs stop ignoring bug reports as curiosities and begin forwarding them to the technical team.

• Thumbs Down 3

18 minutes ago, temnix said:

I use letters to type in those tickets. And the letters combine into words, and the words describe the situation in all of the detail that I could give here. Let the GMs stop ignoring bug reports as curiosities and begin forwarding them to the technical team.

Support tickets also have a much lower character limit than the forums, so you can go into greater detail here. Further, there can be a running discourse about the problem to help find a solution on the forums, which you can't do on a support ticket.

13 minutes ago, temnix said:

I use letters

The support ticket window only accepts 512 of those letters.  The chat window is limited to 255.  You can't deliver a detailed, informative bug report that pre-emptively answers all possible questions and gives all of the necessary information about your computer, your character, the powers you had active, the location, the circumstances and other things with 767 alphanumeric characters.

If you want a bug to be addressed, being prepared to answer questions and give more information is the right way to approach it.  Being obstructive, refusing to post a bug report, refusing to provide details, refusing to answer questions, isn't helpful, and if that's to be your approach to reporting bugs, you probably shouldn't bother to report them at all.

@GM_GooglyMoogly, this thread is pointless.  Lock it.

• Like 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

• Game Master

Yes, there's going to be quirks with our Tech Support.  Sometimes the customer types something out and we tell them to put it some other place instead.

We promise never to charge for it.

• Like 4

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.