Looking for a few good effective ele/ele builds?

Just curious if most build them the same way or a little different i like being useful on teams and wanted to try this combo for the end draining properties, I did have an ele/ele back on live but thinking back I did not really like it, it was just my first 50 I am really enjoying it until I run into clockwork lol.

Thanks all!

10 hours ago, StarseedWarrior said:

Just curious if most build them the same way or a little different i like being useful on teams and wanted to try this combo for the end draining properties, I did have an ele/ele back on live but thinking back I did not really like it, it was just my first 50 I am really enjoying it until I run into clockwork lol.

Thanks all!

Its rare that anyone builds any AT the same way because nobody plays the game the same way. You don't specify what elec/elec you played on live, sentinels weren't available.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

Its rare that anyone builds any AT the same way because nobody plays the game the same way. You don't specify what elec/elec you played on live, sentinels weren't available.

Why would I need to specify some old build on live that is a blaster? Also there are only a few ways to make end draining effective why did you even interject here if you wherent going to share anything in the first place? Thanks  for nothing lol.

• Thumbs Down 2

On 3/31/2024 at 11:09 PM, StarseedWarrior said:

Thanks all!

I think you will find that people will tend to build things very different. Some people focus on defense. Some focus on more damage. I dont think you will find a build that is like a " benchmark" that everyone uses. 

That being said if you are trying to make a Sentinel Build as a Sapper, There are several powers that I think are key to any build. 

1) Short Circuit. This is the core. You aren't sapping much of anything without it.  Synapse Shock is a good IO for this power because it does damage and End Drain. 

2) Ball Lightning a good targeted AoE that will drain some end and it is fast animating and fast recharging so you can use it often. 

3)Power Sink in the secondary. Nice because it it drain A LOT of end and it is autohit. 

Between those three in a cycle you should be able to keep a Mobs end Pretty much floored. The main reason for this is the "Shocked" proc which is trigger by Sentinels, Defenders and Corruptors using Electric Blast ( Blaster and Doms dont get this ). Its a chance to do additional damage and -recovery based on how little end the foe has. The less they have.. the more chance for the proc to trigger

Mobs will not stop attacking because they have no end.. they will use their weaker, low endurance powers. An its pretty much impossible to drain an AV without several End Drain characters on the same team

I focused on End Drain and Recharge. I also went with Elec Mastery to add the AoE Immobilize and Lightning Field for more end drain. 

Edited by Heatstroke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Heatstroke said:

I think you will find that people will tend to build things very different. Some people focus on defense. Some focus on more damage. I dont think you will find a build that is like a " benchmark" that everyone uses. 

That being said if you are trying to make a Sentinel Build as a Sapper, There are several powers that I think are key to any build. 

1) Short Circuit. This is the core. You aren't sapping much of anything without it.  Synapse Shock is a good IO for this power because it does damage and End Drain. 

2) Ball Lightning a good targeted AoE that will drain some end and it is fast animating and fast recharging so you can use it often. 

3)Power Sink in the secondary. Nice because it it drain A LOT of end and it is autohit. 

Between those three in a cycle you should be able to keep a Mobs end Pretty much floored. The main reason for this is the "Shocked" proc which is trigger by Sentinels, Defenders and Corruptors using Electric Blast ( Blaster and Doms dont get this ). Its a chance to do additional damage and -recovery based on how little end the foe has. The less they have.. the more chance for the proc to trigger

Mobs will not stop attacking because they have no end.. they will use their weaker, low endurance powers. An its pretty much impossible to drain an AV without several End Drain characters on the same team

I focused on End Drain and Recharge. I also went with Elec Mastery to add the AoE Immobilize and Lightning Field for more end drain. 

Amazing post thank you for everything fellow human!

23 minutes ago, StarseedWarrior said:

Amazing post thank you for everything fellow human!

Your welcome. Its been a fun build.. I had an Elec/Elec Blaster built as a sapper on live and I like this much better. I think it does a better job than my Elec/Elec Dom as far as sapping because it does it quicker. 

10 minutes ago, Heatstroke said:

Your welcome. Its been a fun build.. I had an Elec/Elec Blaster built as a sapper on live and I like this much better. I think it does a better job than my Elec/Elec Dom as far as sapping because it does it quicker. 

Do you usually include volt sentinel? Is it worth it?

I thoroughly enjoy my Elec/Elec Sentinel build. It may not be your traditional setup, but it's been serving me well, especially when I'm playing solo at the end game. I've do use Voltaic Sentinel, and while I took a break from using it for a while, I found that my personal performance improved significantly when I brought it back into my strategy. I have a little ritual where I time my gameplay to a certain song, and I consistently perform better with the pet. Of course, it could just be my personal playstyle at play. I prefer an emphasis on fun in my builds over the numbers and dull,  yawn tests. If you're already using it,  you could experiment with not summoning the pet and see how it affects your gameplay. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 9:28 PM, StarseedWarrior said:

Do you usually include volt sentinel? Is it worth it?

I did.. however it is skippable.. Its different from the blaster version.. its a toggle that stays up.. you only have to resummon if you change zones or enter a building.. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2024 at 7:23 PM, ShimmerDoll said:

I thoroughly enjoy my Elec/Elec Sentinel build. It may not be your traditional setup, but it's been serving me well, especially when I'm playing solo at the end game. I've do use Voltaic Sentinel, and while I took a break from using it for a while, I found that my personal performance improved significantly when I brought it back into my strategy. I have a little ritual where I time my gameplay to a certain song, and I consistently perform better with the pet. Of course, it could just be my personal playstyle at play. I prefer an emphasis on fun in my builds over the numbers and dull,  yawn tests. If you're already using it,  you could experiment with not summoning the pet and see how it affects your gameplay. 

Thank you this makes allot of sense.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:02 PM, Heatstroke said:

I did.. however it is skippable.. Its different from the blaster version.. its a toggle that stays up.. you only have to resummon if you change zones or enter a building.. 

I noticed allot of people talk about it, to me it has never been an issue im used to resummoning pets in mmos, its just one.

On 4/12/2024 at 12:38 AM, StarseedWarrior said:

I noticed allot of people talk about it, to me it has never been an issue im used to resummoning pets in mmos, its just one.

It all depends on how you build your character. I didn't take it initially but I worked it in on a later build by sacrificing another power, which worked out better for me overall. 

Edited by Heatstroke
  • Thumbs Up 1