Tooltip Delay

It could be my own ignorance, but is there a way to actually implement a delay before the tooltip pops up. 

It's really annoying when trying to respec to follow when you are reslotting enh to have that pop up every time you move the mouse.  It literally has given me a headache with all of the popping and flashing. 

Normally I would expect it to delay - hover mouse 3 2 1 tool tip pops up. I have tried both ends of the slider and it still instantly pops up. 

I like having the tooltips but not during a respec. 

Just posting this makes me feel like an old gripe. Get awf mah lawn. 

/optionset ToolTipDelaySec [0.1 - 1.0]

Default is 0.6, so there's not much extension time. Might be enough unless your withered old claw is really slow.

Menu sliders are all too often... not quite connected to reality. You might also try longer values, which might be undocumented/un-updated-documented or just not within the slider range.

and

/optionset UseToolTips [0|1]

aka

/optiontoggle UseToolTips for a one-key bind or a macro.

So nyah, nyah, ya old geezer!

So, okay, Roy, I guess'n the timer option only works on actual tooltips, such as on tray icons. Nice to be able to adjust that pop-up. But it' don't do a consarned thing on the Manage window pop-ups. But by gosharoonie, the use toggle does suppress those. So there ya go, pod'nuh.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Haha 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com