Fly animations

I have a water blaster that I have named Lil' Surfer Girl. For obvious reasons, she uses the rocket board to get around. However, as I was trying for the umpteenth time to use a power from the rocket board and failing, as I cancelled the animation to start the fight, it occurred to me, "Why is this happening?"

The three prestige fly powers (void skiff, rocket board, and magic carpet) give a great flavor to the game, but that is limited to going from one place to another because of the restrictions on the bought powers. At first, I was wishing that we could remove the restrictions, but I understand the reasoning: If they did that, then the careful balancing of power selection would be thrown off because people could get a fully functional travel power for free.

Then I realized there was another option. If the carpet, skiff, and board animations were added to the costume creator as options for the fly power, wouldn't that give us the best of both worlds? In order to get a fully functional travel power, you still have to take flight, but taking flight wouldn't preclude the stylish choice of a different kind of flight.

Is this technically feasible? Or am I barking at the moon here?

5 minutes ago, djharr said:

At first, I was wishing that we could remove the restrictions, but I understand the reasoning: If they did that, then the careful balancing of power selection would be thrown off because people could get a fully functional travel power for free.

That isn't really the issue. The issue is that for the rocketboard, void skiff, and magic carpet to be able to be used with the character's powers, then just like with Fly, you would need the correct animations for all the attacks to be made for those 3 powers. Jetpacks get away with it because they aren't adding anything to the character that gets in the way of existing animations.

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

That isn't really the issue. The issue is that for the rocketboard, void skiff, and magic carpet to be able to be used with the character's powers, then just like with Fly, you would need the correct animations for all the attacks to be made for those 3 powers. Jetpacks get away with it because they aren't adding anything to the character that gets in the way of existing animations.

Yeah, I thought it might be something like that. Oh, well, it doesn't hurt to ask. I realize that the dev team has many competing priorities and adding animations like these would be a lot of effort for very little gain.