AR / Nin - Standard Build, Psi Capable, Moderate Costs

Linea

TLDR:  Mid-Range Cost build for standard content without undue weaknesses to Psionics.

This is a concept build, intended for hunting Psionics. 

This is what happens when you mix concept, role playing, and power gaming all in one.

No-FX:  I really like the No-FX options, and I love the look of the AR on the shoulder.

Cost: It was also intended to be lower cost, and it is compared to my average build cost, but it's also higher cost than what I consider low-cost.  The low cost was in direct competition to meeting my minimum benchmarks.  I (almost) always lean toward Armor benchmarks.

Damage: It's a sentinel.  The defender version gets damage multipliers and a snipe, most likely making it's ST damage roughly equal.  AoE, the defender gets less damage per target, but more targets, and slightly better recharge, again making them mostly equal but different mechanisms.  This is NOT an Armored Blaster.

Alternatives:

• Defender: The above mentioned defender, but it costs the same or more and relies on APP powers and above.   If it were not for the desire to have lower level performance, and reasonable costs, I would have probably picked the Defender.  You can even scale the defender performance to cost much more easily, both directions.  But I wanted straight up simple damage with a simple build and lower costs.  Sure I ended up mid-range costs, but still, close enough to the intent, and I don't do many Sentinels.
  • Ranged Fortunata:  Fort is another alternative, and perhaps the best alternative, but it requires a full Tier 4 IO build at considerably higher costs, and it's not an AR.
  • Other: I looked at another dozen or so builds, including Armored Blasters, but none really fit what I was looking for, either Conceptually, or in Armor, or Psionic Armor aspects.  I blame the Concept Build aspect. 😜

I'll eventually respec into the AoE build, as this is intended for normal standard play on normal standard teams where everything is dead in 3 seconds and your best bet is AoE and more AoE.  But the other build might be a bit more solo friendly, so who knows which one I'll keep or if I'll end up with another build entirely.  It may or may not be possible to put more resources into the build to push up recharge and try to create an 801 capable variant, but I'm not currently sure if that would be possible or not.

AR Nin Sent- Mind Hunter IO 2d - [i28].mbd AR Nin Sent- Mind Hunter IO 2e+ - [i28].mbd

Edited by Linea
  • Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

• 2 weeks later

Updated build on the more costly end.

AR Nin Sent- Mind Hunter IO 2f+ - [i28].mbd

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.