is powexectoggleon using non-toggle powers for a macro working as intended?

i really do not know if this is a WAI thing or not... but i am really curious if this is Working As Intended™️!

the other day someone on help was asking why their macro to apply their thermals shields was not working. apparently they were in a TF and a bit distracted while people were trying to respond. it was basically "powexecname thermal shield$$powexecname plasma shield" to which most responses, mine included, were that that macro cannot work to applying two powers using the same simple macro. that it would only apply the first applicable power, last in the string, when they hit the button multiple times. they insisted that it should, that they had done it before, maybe that they had used it on live. what happened after was a lot people gave ideas on alternative for macros and binds to make that work. the OP then had a moment and posted their original macro using not powexec but powexectoggleon instead, which i had never used myself, so my interest was piqued. their macro was basically something like this... "powexectoggleon thermal shield$$powexectoggleon plasma shield". it had an extra space that broke the string and we corrected it. lo and behold, when i tried it on my demons/thermal MM, it worked!

the funny thing is it was not a toggle power, which really got me interested. it tried it for my OG ridiculous girl with speed boost and increase density, it worked also. it was a nice macro. it tried many variations like "powexectoggleon concentration$$powexectoggleon psychic focus" and "powexectoggleon psychic wail$$powexectoggleon psychic shockwave" which could be used in succession. it also worked in combination with powexec, "powexecname cinders$$powexectoggleon inertial reduction" for example as well as "powexectoggleon cinders$$powexectoggleon inertial reduction". but "powexectoggleon inertial reduction$$powexecname cinders" would not work for the usual reasons.

when i watched to see why it would work, it would only work if i hit the button twice in quick succession. if it was not used fast enough, it would try to activate only the first power again. it would only work when the first power was in its time of activation. for instance, speed boost has an activation time of 1.188 seconds (accord to COD for controler kinetics). if i activated the macro and hit it again, within that time, it would activate the second power. but apparently only after the first power was completely activated. so you could not add a third power to the string, i guess, because the window for activating the third had closed when the first power had completed its activation.

BUT!

i started fooling around more. i found that powers with zero activation times did not count, so i tried

"powexectoggleon rebirth radial epiphany$$powexectoggleon ion radial final judgement$$powexectoggleon support core embodiment" which worked. since the hybrid control support power has a zero activation time. which all lead me to try something ridiculous... 😄

behold my FRANKENMACRO!!! powexectoggleon barrier core epiphany$$powexectoggleon ion radial final judgement$$powexectoggleon support core embodiment$$powexectoggleon sprint$$powexectoggleon athletic run$$powexectoggleon jetpack

which, incidently works if i go slow on activating the zero activation time powers and then quickly with the last two.

so, after all of this fooling around, i have to wonder... is this working as it should? it seems a bit weird, and i have not really pushed the limits of what it can do. i was just having fun with something new, but the activating two powers in sequence only under the activation time seems odd, as well as being able to string non-zero activation time powers. i had not seen anyone else using powexectoggleon for anything else but to activate toggle powers.

i will further abuse this to see what i can do for amusement sake. 😁

Edited by Ridiculous Girl
fixed a power type error

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz