Grateful!

So..I read. A lot. Been through these forums a lot. Didn't say much until recently. 

But man...there's a few of you who play this game for reasons that escape me. You take no joy in the content - at least it seems that way by some of your posts. 

Look at this: 
image.png.37cc5d8c4f9d7e3abab50f56cbe8a083.png

No, nothing special about me beating a few nemesis in some random sewer mission in Bricks. 
But look at the bugs buzzing around the light! Someone made the effort to try and put some realism in this crazy instance of a world where reality just doesn't really apply. If I knew how to make it one of those fancy gifs where they moved...you'd see these bugs going nuts by the light, just like they do in the real world. 

Granted, I have to suspend a lot of disbelief when I play, but tiny details like this really help with immersion for me. It's been..20 years? since this game came out...small wonder so many folks missed this game with attention to minor details like this. 

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Microphone 1

1 hour ago, Xaddy said:

So..I read. A lot. Been through these forums a lot. Didn't say much until recently. 

But man...there's a few of you who play this game for reasons that escape me. You take no joy in the content - at least it seems that way by some of your posts. 

Look at this: 

No, nothing special about me beating a few nemesis in some random sewer mission in Bricks. 
But look at the bugs buzzing around the light! Someone made the effort to try and put some realism in this crazy instance of a world where reality just doesn't really apply. If I knew how to make it one of those fancy gifs where they moved...you'd see these bugs going nuts by the light, just like they do in the real world. 

Granted, I have to suspend a lot of disbelief when I play, but tiny details like this really help with immersion for me. It's been..20 years? since this game came out...small wonder so many folks missed this game with attention to minor details like this. 

If small details like this are what you like, you should take a look at what the community has found over the years in this game...

Edited by Glacier Peak

23 hours ago, Xaddy said:

Look at this: 

Also consider all the different music for all the zones and areas within them ...

• Like 2

/e poofgone