Dual Pistols/Martial Combat

Brand Echh

Hey folks!

This is the build I've been using for a while now, and I want to post it here. It's very effective, sure, but there are some tweaks I'd like to make on it and I wanted to ask for advice.

I want to take the Teleport Power Pool. I'm considering giving up Leaping to do so. Is that going to be the end of the world? I have also been told that I have too many attacks, and I'm inclined to agree as I rarely use some when it comes down to the wire.

Do you have any critiques for me or see any wiggle room I could make? Thanks in advance! 

((Data chunk below, since I can't seem to get Mids to work on the forums now? Do you have any idea why it won't accept a build?))

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

Now a days we typically suggest that you upload the mids file directly to the post as some people have issue getting the data chunk to load depending on versioning.

I'm looking into martial combat as one of my upcoming projects so I'll make a note to check back late tonight when I have some free time and access to my PC with mids.

16 hours ago, Brand Echh said:

I wanted to ask for advice.

When I'm using martial arts combat on a blaster, I love to put ki push on autofire.

2 acc, 1 recharge, 1 knockback, +?

If I can find a character conception reason for it - https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Blistering_Cold:_Recharge/Chance_for_Hold and maybe a 2nd Blistering Cold for the "increases Slow Resistance by 10%."

It's great for pinning enemies into a corner. The knockback works like a soft hold. The extra hold for the Blistering Cold beefs it up nicely.

Plus it is just tons of fun to knock them through the air in "bullet time" and then fill them full of rounds from dual pistols while they are helplessly flying through the air.

But I guess that's just for fun and not for mini-maxing.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

17 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Now a days we typically suggest that you upload the mids file directly to the post as some people have issue getting the data chunk to load depending on versioning.

I'm looking into martial combat as one of my upcoming projects so I'll make a note to check back late tonight when I have some free time and access to my PC with mids.

My apologies. Here is the linked build!

Voila - Blaster (Dual Pistols - Martial Combat).mbd

6 hours ago, Brand Echh said:

I see lots of complete sets, and an attempt to get S&L def up but not quite to 45%. Why did you slot it like that? Are you particularly glued to all the powers you chose and when you chose them, example hasten being pushed til 49?

What do you want out of this character? What goals are you looking to hit with it?  What kind of difficulty or content are you planning on running? Is the toon supposed to be on a team or solo?

You have three leaping powers, so you could swap them for teleport and get combat tp, teleport, and fold space in there place. The combat tp would synergize with burst of speed to have you teleporting all around the battlefield, but also getting a nice tohit buff. It would be a good idea to fit a kismet proc in the build somewhere as well.

Personally I think reaction time is over slotted for slow, as the base slow does -70% movement speed and -40% recharge I would slot this to enhance your recovery or boost the absorb your getting.

If you're taking hasten, 2 slot it with +5 lvl 50 generic IOs.

Given that hail of bullets is a pbaoe and bullet rain is a taoe (it can be used in melee as well) I would probably build this to make use of the teleport into melee be able to survive up front (I would likely want a resistance based shield) and then use teleport macros to bring you backwards to maximize your cone attacks radial arc.

But given your thoughts about going TP and having burst of speed, I envision this thing as a mobile pain in the ass for your enemies as they'll have to chase after you if you have agro. So you have escape options if necessary.

Ultimately though it's your toon so a lot of what can be done relies on what you want out of it.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I see lots of complete sets, and an attempt to get S&L def up but not quite to 45%. Why did you slot it like that? Are you particularly glued to all the powers you chose and when you chose them, example hasten being pushed til 49?

With Hasten, I just pushed it off since it's a level 50+ character respec.

And for the S&L Def, the total is sitting at 51.4%, so above the softcap, with all toggles clicked on.

I'm just curious if fitting in the teleport pool would cripple the build or not.

21 minutes ago, Brand Echh said:

And for the S&L Def, the total is sitting at 51.4%, so above the softcap, with all toggles clicked on.

I think that's only true if you're not in combat. I briefly looked at your build before work, but if I'm not mistaken you have stealth in there with an LOTG 7.5. a substantial amount of the defense stealth provides suppresses while in combat.

You can go in the options on mids to toggle combat suppression to show you the values of your defense while in combat to get an accurate read. Sadly I've been so busy at work I forget all the details of your build off hand.

Regarding tp, I've had tons of success with characters that use TP instead of leaping. An example is a DP/Devices Blaster that sets traps and fold spaces mobs in to the kill zone. TP is also the fastest travel power in the game once you get used to it.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2024 at 8:05 AM, Brand Echh said:

With Hasten, I just pushed it off since it's a level 50+ character respec.

I'm just curious if fitting in the teleport pool would cripple the build or not.

When you go into Mids, go to Options > Configuration > Maths & Effects > Suppression and then check "Attacked".

That will show your actual in combat values.

• Thanks 1