Illusion/Arsenal - any synergies?

BazookaTwo

So I 50'd and Incarnated my Gravity/Arsenal Assault/Power Manipulation Dom. It's loads of fun. I'm no stranger to Arsenal Assault. I have never taken an Illusion anything to 50 or even into a solid build. So I'm looking for advice. It is fun so far, at 16 or so. 

I don't have Mids, so please if you do share a mids anything, embed it in the forum post, pretty please? 

So far I read a recent thread about ILL/Martial and I think I will skip Phantasm. Does Contagious Confusion do great stuff in Deceive or Gleam?

So far I've taken Blind, Spectral Terror, Superior Invis, Hasten, Super Speed, and the first 4 arsenal attacks. I'm less impressed with Spectral Terror. There is;'t much I'd skip on Arsenal. I know I want PA, and Gleam. Any ideas on Epic/Patron sets?

Any advice welcome. 

Force Feedback Proc in Buckshot, Elbow Strike, and/or Sniper Rifle should you take them in order to drive down recharge for PA. Doesn't hurt for your permadom, either.

Trip Mine is fire. If you dig into the City of Data info, you'll see it doesn't have an interupt time and the cast and recharge times are comparable to melee AT PBAoEs and does excellent damage. Use it like a Foot Stomp, not a Traps version of Trip Mine (though you still can do that, which only adds to the utility).

Take Targeting Drone. It's like Focused Accuracy and will essentially free up an entire pool so you don't have to worry about picking up Tactics or FA and instead have flexibility for other options. And you really do want something to boost your ToHit on a Dom since AoE controls usually have Accuracy penalties but also are your primary defensive tool.

No opinion on Ignite. It does damage, but with PA perma you won't lack for that anyway so if you're tight on slots it's a potential skip.

27 minutes ago, BazookaTwo said:

So far I read a recent thread about ILL/Martial and I think I will skip Phantasm. Does Contagious Confusion do great stuff in Deceive or Gleam?

Personally I like Phantasm but I can see the rationale for a skip. Still, having an extra pet means a 4 slot pet set bonus for extra recharge....

Also, Contagious Confusion doesn't slot into Gleam (that's a stun) but it does work fine in Deceive. I go with one of two options: 5 slot to get the recharge bonus, or if really tight on slots and can get that bonus elsewhere, just one-slot with the proc. The power has a 20% baseline accuracy bonus so it can still function reasonably well and this way it'll proc way more often.

Gleam is amazing, take it. Can be slotted for stun (Absolute Amazement) or proc slotted for damage. Just be sure to throw a 53 Acc/Mez Hami-O in there as well if you proc it out since the base accuracy is low.

IMO, Flash is Trash but still worth a pick so you can 4 slot Basilisk's Gaze for recharge.

27 minutes ago, BazookaTwo said:

I'm less impressed with Spectral Terror.

The benefits to this power may not be obvious if you're looking at it purely from a control perspective, but it's a fabulous tool for damage avoidance since it has an Auto aura of -15 ToHit at all times and on top of that fires off a single target Terrify power that also debuffs -15 ToHit once every 6 seconds for 20 seconds. So slot it with either 4 from Dark Watcher's Despair or Clouded Senses depending on whether you want more ToHit or more Recharge bonus from the slotting and a damage proc (that won't go off a lot).

• Thanks 1

all great advice! I am having trouble not choosing powers from the primary and secondary! Everything is so good. The only pool stuff I took is Hasten and Speed...and I might take burnout just to for extra recharge oomph in a pinch. 

I don't see myself caring much about defenses on this guy! Everything is tactical!