Entry room size?

Is it possible to change the size of the entry room?  The two by two room just doesn't work for me, because you can't center a doorway to the next section.

On a related point, is there a way to make a wall with a door in it that you can pass through?  I don't care if the door opens or closes, I just want it to block off the corridor and have a more normal sized doorway.  Perhaps some kind of panel or something?

• Retired Community Rep

Hi, welcome to HC's City of Heroes/Villains, where base building can mean infinite possibilities.

You don't even have to use the entry room as the entry room. Make new rooms. Build above or below the rooms. Open up the rooms and the sky and disguise the outer walls. Build several levels inside the base. Or make the base look nothing at all like how it started.

The bad news on that score is, it's not an automated system that will do it for you, and there aren't panels or pieces that automatically insert a reasonably sized door into the path a "door" makes by blocking off the rest of the opening, you'd have to build that, and there aren't any pieces that automatically match the textures and styles the base itself has.

In the pinned topics in Base Building here, you will find

This has print and video resources for you. I recommend using whichever works best for the way you absorb information. There's an in game Base Building channel you can join from Options while in edit mode in a base, or /chanjoin Base Building in game, and there's a Base Builder's Discord, see my signature for a link to that. I'd suggest you look through some bases in the directory, or better yet, stroll through a few in the Arcane/Fantasy Showcase going on currently, to see some of what's possible. (The Tech options are still up from the last showcase, as well). To get those codes, visit one of the Tour Hubs:

Everlasting: TOUR-33691
Excelsior: TOUR-30788
Indomitable: TOUR-11167
Reunion: TOUR-9105
Torchbearer: TOUR-14480

If you'd like to build a basic storage base and learn the controls and such for the basics, you might try this video:

https://youtu.be/yIJNMblvA8s

If you're looking to do something more grand, there are lots of other videos as well, and there are some tours.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later
On 5/12/2024 at 2:22 AM, Ultimo said:

Is it possible to change the size of the entry room?  The two by two room just doesn't work for me, because you can't center a doorway to the next section.

On a related point, is there a way to make a wall with a door in it that you can pass through?  I don't care if the door opens or closes, I just want it to block off the corridor and have a more normal sized doorway.  Perhaps some kind of panel or something?

Would like to resize that entrance room, myself, and am curious about the same!

And would appreciate a straight forward answer if any are willing and able to provide that.

@The-Imperial
Formerly on Virtue as: The Imperial, Hellcat Jones, and Lid

Now playing on Everlasting as: Bronze Belfry and Cola-Bot

• Retired Community Rep
1 hour ago, TheImperial said:

Would like to resize that entrance room, myself, and am curious about the same!

You can't, currently, resize the entry room itself. What you can do is, use doorways to open the room up (excepting the corners) into other areas. Or, move the portal elsewhere and put the entry off to the end of the plot and just use larger rooms if you prefer.