How to get to Perez Park for the kill ten Circle of Thorn mission.

Voke

Posted (edited)

I was stumped by this for quite some time.

In Atlas Park open the map and find  Perez Park. It should be an orange circle in one corner of the map.

You notice, when you get there, there are two guards  at the "opening". You are blocked, or I was, by an invisible wall.

One needs to click on a guard to travel to Perez Park at that tunnel/opening. I did not do this and was stumped for quite some time.
As a Controller/Mage I got a mission to kill 10 Circle of Thorn mobs in Perez Park while I was in Atlas Park.

I tried killing some on rooftops in Kings Row but they did not count. Apparently the mission must be done in Perez Park.

I was level 8. You need to have the Fly skill to solo them. Fly high above them, they are northeast of where you enter via the guards and that tunnel.

The treetop canopy opens and you will see fairly level ground. I found a bunch by the river, but kept above them with the Fly skill.

Look around. They emit green smoke during their rituals (day or night). If you are careful you can kill ten. One needs to be cautious but it can be done.
Swoop down to throw spells at one and then fly straight up. They travel in a group so be careful.

Edited by Voke

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Voke said:

I was stumped by this for quite some time.

In Atlas Park open the map and find  Perez Park. It should be an orange circle in one corner of the map.

You notice, when you get there, there are two guards  at the "opening". You are blocked, or I was, by an invisible wall.

One needs to click on a guard to travel to Perez Park at that tunnel/opening. I did not do this and was stumped for quite some time.
As a Controller/Mage I got a mission to kill 10 Circle of Thorn mobs in Perez Park while I was in Atlas Park.

I tried killing some on rooftops in Kings Row but they did not count. Apparently the mission must be done in Perez Park.

I was level 8. You need to have the Fly skill to solo them. Fly high above them, they are northeast of where you enter via the guards and that tunnel.

The treetop canopy opens and you will see fairly level ground. I found a bunch by the river, but kept above them with the Fly skill.

Look around. They emit green smoke during their rituals (day or night). If you are careful you can kill ten. One needs to be cautious but it can be done.
Swoop down to throw spells at one and then fly straight up. They travel in a group so be careful.

Welcome to the community! I am assuming based on your initial post that you are relatively new to the game. Thank you for sharing your experience and hopefully it helps others.

If I am reading your post accurately, you are referring to the generic "Keep the peace in Perez Park - Defeat 10 Circle of Thorns" mission that is offered by all Level 5-9 Contacts in Atlas Park (though the mission itself is offered only from Level 7-9). This generic mission is an opportunity for players to go to one of their first Hazard Zones (the others being the Hollows or the Sewer Network). 

Your guidance on opening the map and proceeding to the Northwest corner of Atlas Park where the red circle labeled "Perez Park" is spot on, as is your suggestion to click on either of the two Security Guards standing at the entrance to enable the player to enter the Perez Park zone.

Again, your guidance for only defeating the mobs in the designated mission location as described is spot on. Enemies defeated outside of the parameters set by the mission will not count towards mission completion.

I disagree with your recommendation that a player needs to have Fly in order to solo the 10 Circle of Thorn enemies. Any travel power or no travel power is acceptable - however, your reasoning for using Fly (or Hover) to avoid Melee attacks from the Circle of Thorn enemies is well-founded. Same goes for using the green smoke emitted by Circle of Thorn enemies as a way to easily identify these mobs from a distance.

Great work on your first guide and good luck on your next adventure!

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 2

Thanks, Glacier Peak. I was vexed trying to get to Perez Park and only thought to click on the guards after some hours. There was nothing in Google about it that I could find so I typed my little guide in case some other soul was in doubt as to how to get to Perez Park. I hope I used enough key words.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/15/2024 at 6:56 PM, Voke said:

Thanks, Glacier Peak. I was vexed trying to get to Perez Park and only thought to click on the guards after some hours. There was nothing in Google about it that I could find so I typed my little guide in case some other soul was in doubt as to how to get to Perez Park. I hope I used enough key words.

All contributions to the knowledge pool are good ones. 🙂

You did, however, overlook or politely omit that, depending somewhat on your screen resolution and zoom range, you invariably have to click the guards on their, uh, junk. It gets hilarious after a while.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com