Option "Hide additional/buff visual effects"

Something that becomes more unpleasant the more levels (and thus skills/items that might add effects) I gain. Be it from buff auras, from buff pets, the barrage of flyin numbers from regenerative items (<- really urgh), the furtune cards or worst of all: All of it together. Please consider an option to turn all that off. Or maybe add another "disable all powers" power that only disables the added visual effects instead of the powers if thats easier. I really like my character and the few hand picked situational visual effects I choose at character creation. More is really not needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

there is a way to reduce the eye candy but I dunno how

mostly I don't mind unless its rad armor then all bets are off

Sadly there is not. You can disable the tiny buff icons in the upper right corner but these do not bother me (besides I find them more helpful to see buffs on first glance than an effect mixture or permanent numbers popping above my characters head everywhere).

Its not that I do not like some nice effects. I do not even dislike the singular buff effects artistically. i.e. the swirling purple fortune cards; in itself its well done, a nice effect. I just do not need it to swirl around my character; much less together with everything else.

The number popping is probably a somewhat different thing since its efectivly a heal. Its ok as a actual heal on demand effect but as a permanent reg effect it annoys to no end. Would it be possible to only kick in if HP is not max? Or a "don't show number over character head" setting? Just in case it could not be shoved into an "hide visuals" option or a "disable all buff power visuals" power.

16 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Thanks; reads a bit messy and I'm not even sure it'll work against the biggest offender (constant health number pop). But I will try it out when I slot the offending enhancements back in; for now my fix against FX terror was giving them the boot and don't keep auras up when just loitering around.

It's always been odd to me that we have this great costume creator, then in-game you get slammed with buffs that covers it all in ice, vines, etc.

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)