The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Need suggestions about Fire/ secondaries, help w/ already having Fire/Ice

R jobbus

So my first character is a Fire/Ice blaster, and she's great, vet level 150ish now, all T4'd and IOset'd out. She's cool, and she's been great for me and I use her for farming and alot of other things.

my question is, after having gone through some other characters who have a bit more ideal secondaries, if I'm wanting to optimize a fire blaster to just be crazy good and be properly slotted, should I raise up a fire/fire or a fire/different secondary?

I like ice, but really at level 50 I don't use any ice abilites except frigid protection and build up, the ice patch is ok but bonfire kb to kd is better.

I haven't even taken hardly any ice abilities since i was trying to go perma hasten, the most I could do was have haste with a 5 second cooldown, which is good enough for me. Inferno is like a 30~ second cooldown so she's been pretty good to me considering I started playing coh last year.

but I mean should I go fire/fire for more set bonus opportunities? or could I respec ice abilities to have a similar effect? Is the fire sword melee circle move actually worth slotting and using after inferno?  I did fully slot RotP with Armageddon.

Or if anybody has a really good fire/ice build i'm open to it. I mean I love my fire/ice blaster but the main thing is I just want to be sure that this character can do the same amount of damage and have the same set bonuses that a fully end game fire blaster should have, and if it's just a better idea to go fire/fire then ill do that. Or fire/something else

any thoughts? thank you for any responses

On 5/26/2024 at 8:57 AM, R jobbus said:

So my first character is a Fire/Ice blaster, and she's great, vet level 150ish now, all T4'd and IOset'd out. She's cool, and she's been great for me and I use her for farming and alot of other things.

my question is, after having gone through some other characters who have a bit more ideal secondaries, if I'm wanting to optimize a fire blaster to just be crazy good and be properly slotted, should I raise up a fire/fire or a fire/different secondary?

I like ice, but really at level 50 I don't use any ice abilites except frigid protection and build up, the ice patch is ok but bonfire kb to kd is better.

I haven't even taken hardly any ice abilities since i was trying to go perma hasten, the most I could do was have haste with a 5 second cooldown, which is good enough for me. Inferno is like a 30~ second cooldown so she's been pretty good to me considering I started playing coh last year.

but I mean should I go fire/fire for more set bonus opportunities? or could I respec ice abilities to have a similar effect? Is the fire sword melee circle move actually worth slotting and using after inferno?  I did fully slot RotP with Armageddon.

Or if anybody has a really good fire/ice build i'm open to it. I mean I love my fire/ice blaster but the main thing is I just want to be sure that this character can do the same amount of damage and have the same set bonuses that a fully end game fire blaster should have, and if it's just a better idea to go fire/fire then ill do that. Or fire/something else

any thoughts? thank you for any responses

Hi and Welcome!

Fire/Ice is a good combo.  Fire/anything is, really.  But Fire/Ice has the same set bonus potential as other combos.  It's hard to give specific suggestions without seeing your build.  But the key thing is - if you like playing it - that is all that matters.  If you want tweaks to it for optimization, post your build and we can help give suggestions.

But if you're itching to try a different secondary with Fire Blast, there is no reason you can't - we have a 1000 slots so make a Fire Blaster with every secondary, if you want!  🙂  

I personally would think /Fire, /Martial, / Mental, /Temporal, /Atomic, /Dark would all be excellent.  But those secondaries lend themselves to being Blapper builds - you'd have to be comfortable being in melee to get their full potential.

(And yes, Fire Sword Circle is worth slotting and using, if you take /Fire.  And slotting Armageddon's in RotP is a waste - the object is to not die, so heavy slotting on a power that hopefully you won't use or only use once or twice in a long while is not optimal.)

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 9:14 PM, Frozen Burn said:

Hi and Welcome!

Fire/Ice is a good combo.  Fire/anything is, really.  But Fire/Ice has the same set bonus potential as other combos.  It's hard to give specific suggestions without seeing your build.  But the key thing is - if you like playing it - that is all that matters.  If you want tweaks to it for optimization, post your build and we can help give suggestions.

But if you're itching to try a different secondary with Fire Blast, there is no reason you can't - we have a 1000 slots so make a Fire Blaster with every secondary, if you want!  🙂  

I personally would think /Fire, /Martial, / Mental, /Temporal, /Atomic, /Dark would all be excellent.  But those secondaries lend themselves to being Blapper builds - you'd have to be comfortable being in melee to get their full potential.

(And yes, Fire Sword Circle is worth slotting and using, if you take /Fire.  And slotting Armageddon's in RotP is a waste - the object is to not die, so heavy slotting on a power that hopefully you won't use or only use once or twice in a long while is not optimal.)

hey thanks for the response. I really just need any optimal tips I can get. I'm perfectly willing to respec. Im not sure how to use mids exactly but I will describe my build as best I can.. I appreciate your patience lol, and any tips are really appreciated.

Fire, I took every ability except flares and fire breath. archtype sets are full slotted in the snipe and inferno. I think superior blasters wrath is in the snipe. I have something like entropic chaos in blaze ... probably could improve on that. I forget what I have in the aoe fireball, but I know the sets in fireball and the aoe fireball are probably not very good, cause I remember my friend was trying to get me to save money at that point.

From ice, i only took ice patch, build up frigid protection and chilbain. I really only slotted frigid protection for stamina issues.

after that, full slotted bonfire, rotp and I think I slotted the fire armor in fire epic pool for defense, slotted tough/weave. I was trying really hard to get haste recharge to be really low, and it's at 5 seconds, so at least that feels pretty good, so I know i have set bonuses/lotg for alot of global recharge.

I appreciate your patience with this, sorry if it's still not enough info.

But really, I generally just want to full respec her with what generally blasters need to do (if there is such a standard) for good damage at vet level 150~ish all T4'd out and stuff.

Like ive heard you mainly put procs into your weakest fireball? And where should the archtype sets go? Should I put armageddon in inferno? I really only put it in rotp since it was the only other melee aoe for fire/ice. What sets are good besides the archtype sets for fire blaster? and is there anything with ice besides chilbain/ice patch/buildup/frigid protection that is worth getting just for slotting it for set bonuses. Cause besides that I just go haste + then stuff I slot for global recharge/defense, like maneuvers and etc.

I hope this is enough info and sorry again for how makeshift it is. Again, I appreciate any help. Cheers

Edit: money is not an issue for this character, and i'm willing to just get an idea of what i should be working towards, rather than a quick fix that's cheap. I have alot of inf on this character

Edited by R jobbus

2 hours ago, R jobbus said:

hey thanks for the response. I really just need any optimal tips I can get. I'm perfectly willing to respec. Im not sure how to use mids exactly but I will describe my build as best I can.. I appreciate your patience lol, and any tips are really appreciated.

Fire, I took every ability except flares and fire breath. archtype sets are full slotted in the snipe and inferno. I think superior blasters wrath is in the snipe. I have something like entropic chaos in blaze ... probably could improve on that. I forget what I have in the aoe fireball, but I know the sets in fireball and the aoe fireball are probably not very good, cause I remember my friend was trying to get me to save money at that point.

From ice, i only took ice patch, build up frigid protection and chilbain. I really only slotted frigid protection for stamina issues.

after that, full slotted bonfire, rotp and I think I slotted the fire armor in fire epic pool for defense, slotted tough/weave. I was trying really hard to get haste recharge to be really low, and it's at 5 seconds, so at least that feels pretty good, so I know i have set bonuses/lotg for alot of global recharge.

I appreciate your patience with this, sorry if it's still not enough info.

But really, I generally just want to full respec her with what generally blasters need to do (if there is such a standard) for good damage at vet level 150~ish all T4'd out and stuff.

Like ive heard you mainly put procs into your weakest fireball? And where should the archtype sets go? Should I put armageddon in inferno? I really only put it in rotp since it was the only other melee aoe for fire/ice. What sets are good besides the archtype sets for fire blaster? and is there anything with ice besides chilbain/ice patch/buildup/frigid protection that is worth getting just for slotting it for set bonuses. Cause besides that I just go haste + then stuff I slot for global recharge/defense, like maneuvers and etc.

I hope this is enough info and sorry again for how makeshift it is. Again, I appreciate any help. Cheers

Edit: money is not an issue for this character, and i'm willing to just get an idea of what i should be working towards, rather than a quick fix that's cheap. I have alot of inf on this character

Hi.  No worries.  Mids is a wonderful thing and just takes some practice getting used to it and all the features.  🙂  

Without being able to see the specifics in your build, there's only so much any of us can help with.  But I took what you described and started making a build of my own.  I don't know what other pools you took other than Fighting and Fire Mastery.  I guessed at a travel power - Superspeed.  I figured anyone with an ice patch would be zooming / skating along the ground to drop an ice patch.  😄  

But below is a build I threw together with some of the slotting that I would do with the powers I'm guessing you have.  

• I did not build for trying to get perma Hasten.  I don't think this is needed on a Blaster (or any toon, really).  Building for survivability is more important, imo.  So, I went more for Ranged Defense, in this case.
  • Not taking Ice Sword, Frozen Aura, and Freezing Touch are missed opportunities for both set bonuses and Damage/Utility.  
    • Frozen Aura is not just a sleep power, but it a great PBAOE damage power.  
    • Ice Sword is very useful for those mobs that like to rush you can be a great finishing move.
    • Freezing Touch is a good way to take a pesky LT out of the fight, and the Superior Entomb set is great for more ranged defense.  (Normally, I'd also take Char from your epic pool to stack with it for holding bosses, but I didn't put it in this build.  But something to think about.)

I hope this helps give you somewhat of an idea of things you can do.  You could go further in any direction with a build.  But again, as long as you like playing it - that's all that matters.  

Hero Blaster
Build plan made with Mids' Reborn v3.7.4 rev. 9
──────────────────────────────

• Primary powerset: Fire Blast
  • Secondary powerset: Ice Manipulation
  • Pool powerset (#1): Speed
  • Pool powerset (#2): Leaping
  • Pool powerset (#3): Fighting
  • Pool powerset (#4): Leadership
  • Epic powerset: Fire Mastery

Powers taken:

Level 1: Fire Blast

• A: Thunderstrike: Accuracy/Damage
  • 5: Thunderstrike: Damage/Endurance
  • 5: Thunderstrike: Damage/Recharge
  • 13: Thunderstrike: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • 43: Thunderstrike: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 48: Thunderstrike: Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 1: Chilblain

• 7: Thunderstrike: Damage/Endurance
  • 7: Thunderstrike: Damage/Recharge
  • 15: Thunderstrike: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 2: Fire Ball

• A: Ragnarok: Recharge/Accuracy
  • 3: Ragnarok: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 3: Ragnarok: Damage/Endurance
  • 13: Ragnarok: Damage
  • 15: Ragnarok: Chance for Knockdown

Level 4: Super Speed

• A: Blessing of the Zephyr: Knockback Reduction (4 points)
  • 46: Blessing of the Zephyr: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 6: Rain of Fire

• A: Annihilation: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 8: Ice Sword

• A: Superior Blistering Cold: Accuracy/Damage
  • 9: Superior Blistering Cold: Damage/Endurance
  • 9: Superior Blistering Cold: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 17: Superior Blistering Cold: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • 17: Superior Blistering Cold: Recharge/Chance for Hold

Level 10: Frigid Protection

• A: Performance Shifter: EndMod
  • 11: Performance Shifter: EndMod/Accuracy
  • 11: Performance Shifter: EndMod/Recharge

Level 12: Aim

• A: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up

Level 14: Combat Jumping

• A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • 40: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage

Level 16: Build Up

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 18: Blaze

• A: Superior Defiant Barrage: Accuracy/Damage
  • 19: Superior Defiant Barrage: Damage/RechargeTime
  • 19: Superior Defiant Barrage: Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • 21: Superior Defiant Barrage: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 21: Superior Defiant Barrage: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 48: Superior Defiant Barrage: RechargeTime/+Status

Level 20: Ice Patch

Level 22: Blazing Bolt

• A: Superior Winter's Bite: Accuracy/Damage
  • 23: Superior Winter's Bite: Damage/RechargeTime
  • 23: Superior Winter's Bite: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 25: Superior Winter's Bite: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • 37: Superior Winter's Bite: Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • 46: Superior Winter's Bite: Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge

Level 24: Hasten

• 25: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 26: Inferno

• A: Superior Blaster's Wrath: Accuracy/Damage
  • 27: Superior Blaster's Wrath: Damage/Recharge
  • 27: Superior Blaster's Wrath: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • 31: Superior Blaster's Wrath: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 31: Superior Blaster's Wrath: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 31: Superior Blaster's Wrath: Recharge/Chance for Fire Damage

Level 28: Freezing Touch

• A: Superior Entomb: Accuracy/Hold
  • 29: Superior Entomb: Hold/Recharge
  • 29: Superior Entomb: Accuracy/Hold/Endurance/Recharge
  • 34: Superior Entomb: Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
  • 34: Superior Entomb: Recharge/Chance for +Absorb

Level 30: Frozen Aura

• A: Superior Avalanche: Accuracy/Damage
  • 33: Superior Avalanche: Damage/Endurance
  • 33: Superior Avalanche: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 33: Superior Avalanche: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • 34: Superior Avalanche: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 46: Superior Avalanche: Recharge/Chance for Knockdown

Level 32: Boxing

• A: Invention: Accuracy

Level 35: Tough

• A: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance
  • 36: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 36: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 36: Unbreakable Guard: +Max HP
  • 37: Steadfast Protection: Resistance/+Def 3%
  • 37: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 38: Weave

• A: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance
  • 39: Shield Wall: Defense
  • 39: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • 39: Shield Wall: +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • 40: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 41: Bonfire

• A: Overwhelming Force: Accuracy/Damage
  • 42: Overwhelming Force: Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 42: Overwhelming Force: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 42: Overwhelming Force: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 43: Overwhelming Force: Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 44: Fire Shield

• 45: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 45: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 45: Unbreakable Guard: RechargeTime/Resistance

Level 47: Maneuvers

• 50: Shield Wall: Defense
  • 50: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • 50: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix

• A: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self

Inherents:

Level 1: Brawl

Level 1: Defiance

Level 1: Sprint

• A: Celerity: +Stealth

Level 2: Rest

• A: Invention: Interrupt Reduction

Level 1: Swift

• A: Invention: Run Speed

Level 1: Health

• A: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance
  • 40: Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb

Level 1: Hurdle

• A: Invention: Jumping

Level 1: Stamina

• A: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End

Level 49: Quick Form

Level 4: Speed Phase

image.thumb.jpeg.5c2751602a4b8734541f176da54861d4.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

Hi.  No worries.  Mids is a wonderful thing and just takes some practice getting used to it and all the features.  🙂  

Without being able to see the specifics in your build, there's only so much any of us can help with.  But I took what you described and started making a build of my own.  I don't know what other pools you took other than Fighting and Fire Mastery.  I guessed at a travel power - Superspeed.  I figured anyone with an ice patch would be zooming / skating along the ground to drop an ice patch.  😄  

But below is a build I threw together with some of the slotting that I would do with the powers I'm guessing you have.  

• I did not build for trying to get perma Hasten.  I don't think this is needed on a Blaster (or any toon, really).  Building for survivability is more important, imo.  So, I went more for Ranged Defense, in this case.
  • Not taking Ice Sword, Frozen Aura, and Freezing Touch are missed opportunities for both set bonuses and Damage/Utility.  
    • Ice Sword is very useful for those mobs that like to rush you can be a great finishing move.
    • Freezing Touch is a good way to take a pesky LT out of the fight, and the Superior Entomb set is great for more ranged defense.  (Normally, I'd also take Char from your epic pool to stack with it for holding bosses, but I didn't put it in this build.  But something to think about.)

I hope this helps give you somewhat of an idea of things you can do.  You could go further in any direction with a build.  But again, as long as you like playing it - that's all that matters.  

Hero Blaster

Powers taken:

Inherents:

This is really great, thanks so much. Yea I was probably lacking on just properly using set bonuses to get enough defense on a blaster, and I can see having more powers from ice might be a good thing. I'll try this out, thanks so much.

Also, I actually was using hover/fly/evasive maneuvers but is there any advantage in general or slotting wise to not be a flying/hover blaster? i dont mind not having it honestly, I was just curious.

Thanks again, this is really cool and makes alot more sense lol 

Posted (edited)

My Fire/Ice is my favourite Blaster.

His build philosophy is completely the opposite of most of my toons; with very little in the way of raw defensive stats (5-7% Defense plus 30-40% S/L/F Resistance via an Epic Shield). However their sustainable raw AoE damage output is extremely high... and anything that doesn't die to the first volley tends to end up either bouncing or mezzed between its two ST holds, Bonfire and Frozen Aura (all of which do high damage) plus Ice Patch and Shiver. Maximum HP and Absorb rate is also rather decent (>1600HP plus ~540 Absorb) and Rise of the Phoenix is on a ~90s recharge.

There are a few flavours of his build, depending on whether or not I want to use "Burnout" (e.g. Frozen Touch/Char/Fire Breath/Burnout - pick any three!)

Blaster - Fire Blast - Ice Manipulation (No Burnout).mbd
zBlaster - Fire Blast - Ice Manipulation (Char+FB).mbd
zBlaster - Fire Blast - Ice Manipulation (Char+FT).mbd
zBlaster - Fire Blast - Ice Manipulation (FB+FT).mbd 

They do actually make use of Hover quite a bit on teams to play "keepaway" - many of the AoEs don't need you to be near the enemy, and the Snipe buffs your Range by 50% for 10 seconds; which helps a lot with Fire Breath positioning. Dropping a Bonfire, a Rain of Fire and a few Fireballs on a mob from >100ft away can be a lot of fun... 😸

Blasters are I think one of the trickier ATs to build because they have little in the way of inherent mitigation and different players' playstyles are so different. Some people like staying in melee range and stack Melee or S/L Defense (the latter is less effective than it used to be); others are constantly in the backline and so stack Ranged Defense; and then you've the folk like myself who prefer to be hyper-mobile, darting quickly between locations firing abilities off and "jousting" with foes to keep the enemy AI on the back foot (and that's why in the above builds Clarion is taken for Mez Protection, rather than Barrier!)

So decide what playstyle you like, and build towards it.

Proccing out your Powers effectively for maximum damage is something that lots of people here are familiar with; and whilst Procs are due for a revamp "SOON"(tm)... at the moment it mostly boils down to: "unless the attack is a pseudopet (like Rain of Fire and Bonfire) then if you're putting damage procs into it slot as little recharge reduction enhancement as possible into the power itself - instead stack global recharge". There are calculators out there and caps to be aware of (e.g. Inferno recharge is long enough that you can slot lots of recharge% into it without negatively impacting your proc rate) but that's the general rule of thumb.

Edited by Maelwys

On 5/28/2024 at 11:43 PM, Frozen Burn said:

Hero Blaster

Powers taken:

Inherents:

i'm about to give this a go, is there any drawback to being a hover/flying blaster? vs grounded. Like defense wise or anything. Should I not sub out combat jumping/super speed with like hover and evasive maneuvers and slot them similarly. just wondering cause i have no idea and im just used to being in the air with this character. But if it's better to be grounded i'll just do that 

12 minutes ago, R jobbus said:

i'm about to give this a go, is there any drawback to being a hover/flying blaster? vs grounded. Like defense wise or anything. Should I not sub out combat jumping/super speed with like hover and evasive maneuvers and slot them similarly. just wondering cause i have no idea and im just used to being in the air with this character. But if it's better to be grounded i'll just do that 

You can certainly swap those out to hover/fly.  🙂  I didn't know your travel preferences and only threw those in there as a guess.  And you can slot them the same.  

And, if you're hover blasting, you really don't need ice slick.  You could swap that out for Evasive Maneuvers and slot another LotG +global Rech and pick up a little more defense and rech.  

Definitely feel free to move things around and slot differently, if you want.  This was just a suggestion of something you could do.  There are many different ways to build this.  But try to focus on ranged defense - that will protect you from most things, including being mezzed.  

19 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

You can certainly swap those out to hover/fly.  🙂  I didn't know your travel preferences and only threw those in there as a guess.  And you can slot them the same.  

And, if you're hover blasting, you really don't need ice slick.  You could swap that out for Evasive Maneuvers and slot another LotG +global Rech and pick up a little more defense and rech.  

Definitely feel free to move things around and slot differently, if you want.  This was just a suggestion of something you could do.  There are many different ways to build this.  But try to focus on ranged defense - that will protect you from most things, including being mezzed.  

I've completed the build, it seems pretty awesome. thanks so much. I switched out ice slick/super speed/combat jumping with hover/fly/evasive. seems pretty great overall.

Thanks so much for posting it and helping out!

one thing I wanted to ask was, as far as endurance goes, would you run all of these toggles on a blaster all the time? like would you have hover/fly/evasive/maneuvers/frigidprotection/tough/weave/fireshield on at all times? or would you remove one or 2 of them during combat. I just hope i have enough endurance for longer fights is why i'm asking. I appreciate the help 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, R jobbus said:

I've completed the build, it seems pretty awesome. thanks so much. I switched out ice slick/super speed/combat jumping with hover/fly/evasive. seems pretty great overall.

Thanks so much for posting it and helping out!

one thing I wanted to ask was, as far as endurance goes, would you run all of these toggles on a blaster all the time? like would you have hover/fly/evasive/maneuvers/frigidprotection/tough/weave/fireshield on at all times? or would you remove one or 2 of them during combat. I just hope i have enough endurance for longer fights is why i'm asking. I appreciate the help 

You will have plenty of endurance if you keep Frigid Protection, Health and Stamina slotted that way.  Blasters are pretty easy to get all the endurance you want with the their "sustain" powers (Frigid Protection in this case).  You can keep all those toggles on, but if you do find you're running low, you can toggle off fly and still perform as easily and without impacting your defenses (like you would if you toggled something else off).  

On 6/1/2024 at 12:36 PM, Frozen Burn said:

You will have plenty of endurance if you keep Frigid Protection, Health and Stamina slotted that way.  Blasters are pretty easy to get all the endurance you want with the their "sustain" powers (Frigid Protection in this case).  You can keep all those toggles on, but if you do find you're running low, you can toggle off fly and still perform as easily and without impacting your defenses (like you would if you toggled something else off).  

Hey, i just wanted to ask, i have stamina and health and frigid protection all slotted this way, i even respec'd and added an extra slot to stamina, but im still tanking endurance really hard. Even turning off fly and weave, i still can't sustain just using powers over and over again. is that normal? like do you have to just take breaks to get more stamina? it's certainly not sustaining it after cycling a few times. The only toggles im using are evasive/hover/maneuvers/tough/frigid/fire armor, i don't know if im doing something wrong or just expecting too much.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, R jobbus said:

Hey, i just wanted to ask, i have stamina and health and frigid protection all slotted this way, i even respec'd and added an extra slot to stamina, but im still tanking endurance really hard. Even turning off fly and weave, i still can't sustain just using powers over and over again. is that normal? like do you have to just take breaks to get more stamina? it's certainly not sustaining it after cycling a few times. The only toggles im using are evasive/hover/maneuvers/tough/frigid/fire armor, i don't know if im doing something wrong or just expecting too much.

Hi.  Sorry you're having issues.  As normal, you should have end reduction in all your powers (normal SO's worth of 33-38%), and you should also be getting some end recovery from other set bonuses on top. 

The build I put up for you as example, has Recovery of 4.64 end/s and End Use of 1.58 end/s... that's 3.06 end/s extra AFTER toggles that is available for cycling your attack chain.  Normally, 2.0 - 2.5 end/s is what you need (I prefer closer to 2.5 for typical hard, fast, and continual chaining).  When making this build, all toggles were "on" including Sprint but except Fly.  However, 3.06 end/s should still be enough to handle your attack chain, and all toggles, including Fly as well.

Also, do you have the Atlas Medallion and Portal Jockey accolades?  Those give extra Endurance and are a big help too.  I get those on all my toons and they are always factored into my builds.  But if you don't have them, that may also by why you are seeing a difference.

Without seeing your build, I cannot give you specific help.  But if you want, for a quick easy adjustment, you could swap out the +Absorb proc in Health and slot a Miracle +Recovery IO, and then in Rise of the Phoenix, slot another Performance Shifter +End.  If you still need more after that, then I'd have to see your specific build to offer any further suggestions. 

Edited by Frozen Burn

On 6/4/2024 at 10:07 AM, Frozen Burn said:

Hi.  Sorry you're having issues.  As normal, you should have end reduction in all your powers (normal SO's worth of 33-38%), and you should also be getting some end recovery from other set bonuses on top. 

The build I put up for you as example, has Recovery of 4.64 end/s and End Use of 1.58 end/s... that's 3.06 end/s extra AFTER toggles that is available for cycling your attack chain.  Normally, 2.0 - 2.5 end/s is what you need (I prefer closer to 2.5 for typical hard, fast, and continual chaining).  When making this build, all toggles were "on" including Sprint but except Fly.  However, 3.06 end/s should still be enough to handle your attack chain, and all toggles, including Fly as well.

Also, do you have the Atlas Medallion and Portal Jockey accolades?  Those give extra Endurance and are a big help too.  I get those on all my toons and they are always factored into my builds.  But if you don't have them, that may also by why you are seeing a difference.

Without seeing your build, I cannot give you specific help.  But if you want, for a quick easy adjustment, you could swap out the +Absorb proc in Health and slot a Miracle +Recovery IO, and then in Rise of the Phoenix, slot another Performance Shifter +End.  If you still need more after that, then I'd have to see your specific build to offer any further suggestions. 

oh that makes alot more sense lol. Yea it's cool, i need to get those accolades. What's the best way to get them. They aren't soloable right, do you just wait around for groups then do the exploration/defeats by yourself?

1 hour ago, R jobbus said:

oh that makes alot more sense lol. Yea it's cool, i need to get those accolades. What's the best way to get them. They aren't soloable right, do you just wait around for groups then do the exploration/defeats by yourself?

Yes, both Atlas Medallion and Portal Jockey can be soloable, but are certainly easier with a team.  You can find requirements here:  https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Hero_Accolade_Badges

Clearly, the explores and plaques can be soloable.   Here are tips for the other badges required:

Atlas Medallion:

• Spelunker badge - Mission badge for rescuing the Fortune Teller
    • easily solo'd through Ouro. level 10-14 range.  Contact = Dr. Trevor Seaborn
  • Silver Bullet and Slayer badges - for defeating werewolves and vampires. 
    • Can hunt them outright in Striga.  Wolves are there all the time, Vampires come out at night.
    • Can join a Moonfire TF in Striga with a full team and the first 2 missions are defeat-alls of vamps and wolves.  If you need any more after the TF, you can easily hunt them.

Portal Jockey:

• Multidemensional and Shrouded Explore badges are unique and found only in certain missions - just walking onto the map and walking off will award them - you will most likely NOT get a "Badge Earned" notification floating across the screen or yellow text in your chat window as usual.  But after exiting the mission (don't even have to complete it), look at "Most Recent" badges and you'll see them there.
    • Multidimensional - can be obtained through Ouro.  Level 40-44.  Contact = Tina MacIntyre.  Mission is an outdoor forest Hydra mission.  (Again, should be able to just walk onto map and walk off.)
    • Shrouded - can be obtained through Ouro.  Level 45-50. Contact = Maria Jenkins.  Mission is an outdoor city mission "Disrupt Nightstar's Ritual."  (Again, should be able to just walk onto map and walk off.)
  • Dimensional Warder - Defeat all 14 of the Praetorian EBs/AVs, and there are several ways to do this:
    • To defeat Anti-Matter
      • Run Tina MacIntyre's story arc "The Anti-Matter Collision / The Instant Army" lvl 40-45 through Ouro.  Run solo or with team.
      • Join Keyes Reactor Incarnate Trial and and be successful in defeating AM at the end.  
    • To defeat all other Praetorians:
      • Run Maria Jenkins' story arc "A Hero's Hero" (lvl 45-50) either through her directly - can run solo or with a team.  (Can run through Ouro, but I suggest running through her directly as she also gives one-off AV/EB missions that you will need
        • If running solo, for easiness and speed, just run at -1 or 0 x 1.  They will be EBs and as a blaster you should be able to defeat each one. 
        • You will get all of them except Seige.
          • Maria Jenkins offers a lot of one-off missions where you face Praetorian AVs/EBs... just run them until you get the mission "Take Down the Warworks" and Seige is in that one and you can defeat as an EBs.
          • Join a Behavioral Adjustment Facility (BAF) iTrial and you will get him in that.
      • You can get most of the other AVs by joining Incarnate Trials except:  Dominatrix and Infernal - they can only be gotten in Maria Jenkins' story arc or her one-off missions.
    • TIP:   Visit Null the Gull in Pocket D and you can check on your dimensional warder progress to help you see who you need.