Throwing disc set

biostem

Basically my idea is this:  You throw a generic "disc", (it could be solid, energy, or a little of both).  Now, in my head I could see the animations/attacks fitting in to both a ranged only and a ranged/melee hybrid set, (basically you'd hold the disc like a shield and do various shield bash attacks).  The catch is that it'd need some sort of gimmick.  One thought that occurred to me was knockdowns, but I was thinking that if we said the disc had razor sharp edges, it could cause bleeds/DoTs or it could be an energy disc like Tron.  Perhaps the disc could return after being thrown, thus having a chance to hit for a 2nd time, or it could ricochet off of random objects to hit multiple targets.  Your thoughts?

1. Disc toss - basic attack with a chance to hit twice and/or knock down the target.

1a. Disc bash - You attach your disc to your forearm and slam it against your target.  Chance of knockback.

2. Disc throw - A stronger throw of your disc, which does more damage and has a greater chance to knock down your target and hit them on the return trip.

2a. Edge strike - With your disc on your forearm, you catch your target with the edge, doing more damage with a small chance to stun them.

3. Low throw - You throw your disc toward your target's feet/ankles, doing moderate damage and slowing them, with a small chance to outright immobilize them.

3a. Low strike - With your shield held in 1 hand, you make a wide swing toward all enemies in an arc in front of you, knocking them down and dealing light damage.

4. Disc shove - You brace yourself behind your disc for a moment then spring forward, repelling all targets in front of you, dealing minor damage, and applying a minor tohit debuff as they are caught off-guard.

5. Charged disc throw - You channel energy into your and hurl it with all your strength, dealing heavy damage to all targets in a line/row.  This attack has a high chance to hit any targets in that row a 2nd time when the disc returns.

6. Aim

7. Disc flurry - You conjure or otherwise pull out several discs and hurl them toward all enemies in front of you.  Each disc has a small chance to knock down the enemy and/or hit them a 2nd time.

7a. Disc barrage - Placing a smaller disc on each fist, you unleash a torrent of punches that deal moderate damage with a chance to stun any enemies hit in a narrow cone.

8. Dual discs - You hurl a disc out from each hand, in a wide circular pattern.  Enemies hit by these discs supper a minor resistance debuff, in addition to possible getting knocked down.

9. Decapitating disc - You hurl a devastating disc at roughly neck level of your foes.  Enemies take significant damage, have a high liklihood of getting knocked down, and enemies of boss level or lower that are below 15% health are defeated outright.

If this is based on CPT America's shield use, then maybe your AOE Barrage might be the shield bouncing from target to target instead of being multiple discs, and an early "cone" could be throwing it on the floor to roll at the enemy and fling back at the end of its range.  Possibly give the set a couple of "wounds" abilities since that sounds more heroic than causing bleeds:) and make it have to wait to do it's next attack until the shield has returned or change some animations to reflect waiting to catch the shield if you do the attacks say after you toss the shield at range and then melee smack someone else.

I know my suggestions are shield focused, but I'm not sure I have any disk wielders in my head to come up with other ideas based on. 

If this is based on CPT America's shield use, then maybe your AOE Barrage might be the shield bouncing from target to target instead of being multiple discs, and an early "cone" could be throwing it on the floor to roll at the enemy and fling back at the end of its range.  Possibly give the set a couple of "wounds" abilities since that sounds more heroic than causing bleeds:) and make it have to wait to do it's next attack until the shield has returned or change some animations to reflect waiting to catch the shield if you do the attacks say after you toss the shield at range and then melee smack someone else.

I know my suggestions are shield focused, but I'm not sure I have any disk wielders in my head to come up with other ideas based on.

I appreciate the feedback!  As I started writing, I was leaning more toward an energy shield of variable size and number, so you could make 2, shrink it down, and use them to punch enemies, or combine them, grow it much larger, and hide behind it before retaliating...