The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Suggestions or changes for elec/fire?

LKN-351

I couldn't figure out what to slot in the defense powers. Any suggestions?

I slotted Preventative Medicine in Conductive Aura even though I'd prefer an EndMod set and a performance shifter in there but I capped out the 6.25 recharge. I alt slotted a Power Transfer in there but I'm torn between the Resistance and End discount or the global acc and using an endmod set.

That aside, how does it look?

I don't want to use purples, ATOs or HOs.

Tesla Baron - Dominator (Electric Control - Fiery Assault).mbd

Edited by LKN-351

Are you looking for Ultramode style, candy coated enhancements and powers?

WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!

(they're also in the City Mod installer)

Not sure there are many players that have a noticeable amount of experience with an electric control and fiery assault dominator, especially in light of the IO constraints in place for the build. Also, not sure in what game conditions you plan to play this dominator (enjoy the journey at even level notoriety to level 50 and then stop playing this dominator, run endgame content at +4x8, solo vs teaming, exemplar or not, ...). Not knowing the intended play conditions makes it more challenging to provide much feedback. 

Regarding low hanging fruit, the build has 96% global recharge, which means that domination will be down a fair amount of the time. You probably know this and are prepared to accept it. But, if you didn't know that and don't want that happening then it may be worth re-thinking the amount of recharge you have in the build. As a benchmark, a minimum of 122% global recharge is needed to maintain perma domination, assuming a bunch of things never go wrong. Things do go wrong, though, so you'll probably want noticeably more than 122% global recharge if you are wanting to keep domination consistently up for your dominator.

Also, you can only have five powers with 6.25% recharge as a bonus counting toward global recharge. Since there are six powers with 6.25% recharge that sixth power with 6.25% recharge won't contribute to a higher amount of global recharge. 

Perhaps the "nudge" of this reply will spur others to offer their thoughts. Or perhaps not, not sure. However things shake out hopefully you enjoy your electric / fiery dominator. 

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

I've got some stuff in altslots and I bet I was just flipping back and fourth when I saved and didn't realize I had left one at the wrong flip.

My build shows 196% global, so somethings wrong. I wonder if it's a MIDs error. Just in case, I'll add the build again.

I play all my toons at whatever thing sounds fun at the time or whatever goal I'm planning to acheive or whatever thing happens to pop up lol

I got on the other day with intent to do a Synapse on one toon and ended up doing a Citadel on a different toon, the skys the limit and all options are open.... so that's hard to define, the only thing thats for sure is I'll be on a team lol

Tesla Baron - Dominator (Electric Control - Fiery Assault).mbd

Here is a breakdown of your sets that have recharge ...

7.5% * 4 = 30% (4 LoTG unique IOs)
7.5% * 4 = 30% (2 Basilisk, 1 power transfer, 1 sting of the manitcore)
6.25% * 5 = 31.25% (2 decimation, 1 expedient reinforcement, 1 synapse shock, 1 positron blast)
5% * 1 = 5% (1 obliteration)
--------------------
Sum = 96.25% added to global recharge by set bonuses

Mids used to not show the 100% base recharge that is always added in to the demoninator when calculating the in-game recharge of a power. Now it does show that, though. That's why you're seeing 196.3% (96.25% rounded up) in the totals screen for Mids. 

That initially confused me when I was giving feedback on your blaster build. After a quick calculation showed that there is no way you had over 100% global recharge added by sets it became clear that Mids either has a configuration choice to add that 100% into what is shown or that adding in the initial 100% is the default choice now. 

I see what you're saying... but, no offense, I don't understand what it matters. If you'd like to explain why it matters, I'm all ears.

From my understanding I have to reach more than 122% global recharge to achieve perma-hasten. Seems like I've done that, with padding.

Is there something I'm missing?

I would like to add 10% more recharge debuff, I'm gunna nitpick some sets and see if I can swap a set for Synapse's Shock.

You need about 170+% added to global recharge with sets to get perma hasten, assuming you have close to 100% recharge also slotted directly into hasten. You need a bare minimum of 122% added to global recharge with sets to have domination always up, assuming a number of things don't go wrong. Things will sometimes go wrong, though, so practically speaking you need more than 122% global recharge added through sets if you'd like domination to be always up. 

You can't put IOs that boost recharge directly into domination. So, you need all global recharge affecting domination to be provided by sets (edit: hasten can also contribute, a big omission on my part to not mention that earlier). 

122% - 96.25% = 25.75% bare minimum. More is needed, practically speaking. 

Download some other dom builds that have permanent domination (which is most builds that show up on the forums) and look at them in Mids. You'll get a better feel for how much recharge you need and how you can get it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I intend to look at some other perma-dom builds but I havent done so yet but I did read through the links.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:59 PM, Zolgar said:

Ex: Domination. Recharges in 200 seconds, duration is 90 seconds. 200/90=2.222-1=1.222 Or, you need +123% global recharge to hit Permadom

If I'm at 196/193 then it seems perma to me.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, Galactiman said:

Tldr; Divide the recharge time by the duration.

Hasten recharges in 7.5 minutes and lasts 2 minutes.

7.5/2 = 3.75

So you need 375% recharge for perma Hasten.

-100 base

-100 from enhancements slotted in Hasten

-70 from Hasten itself

105 needed from other sources

again it seems perma to me.

I'm not trying to argue or debate, but I do feel like I'm missing something somewhere. Like I said though I havent looked at any other perma-dom builds yet, that might make a difference.

Not knowing how recharge is calculated and the distinction between "added via sets and hasten" global recharge versus "baseline" global recharge (which is always 100%) is causing a lot of problems for your calculations. You're currently overestimating how much global recharge your characters have by 100%, which is a lot and which really moves the calculations. On that note, adding 96.25% global recharge through sets, in the absence of a well slotted hasten power, will not get your dominator to permanent domination. If you doubt that make your character as per your build on the beta server, set domination to auto-renew (press "ctrl" and left click domination, if you're wondering how), then click domination once, and then watch it drop 90 seconds later before it finishes recharging. 

There are others who have explained how recharge is calculated by the game engine much better than I could and at this point I can only refer you to them. That's why I provided links.

There may be a couple of thoughts that can help simplify, at least a bit.

You'll need a bare minimum of 223% (it's not 222%, forgot the 1%, sorry about that) total recharge, including the base 100% total, to perma domination. Practically speaking, you really need more than 223% in total because of slow debuffs potentially affecting recharge, because sometimes a long animation for another power will prevent domination from activating before it falls off, because a bit of lag might happen, etc. But, it is certain that if you have less than 223% total global recharge (including the baseline 100%) (and you don't have external recharge buffs such as speed boost, for example) then domination will never seamlessly renew itself before 90 seconds elapses and it deactivates. 

Many people don't bother adding in the 100% baseline when discussing how much global recharge you need to perma a power. Mids used to completely omit any mention in the "totals" screen of that baseline 100% recharge figure. But, it is showing that 100% baseline recharge figure in your files, for some reason. So, all of your global recharge calculations are off by 100% when you compare the Mids recharge total figures to numbers others cite because they're typically *not* including the 100% base recharge total in the numbers they give.

If I am reading correctly, Enjoy is suggesting that your overall needs to be +122% - which if viewed with the initial 100% base, would read as 222% versus the 196% (+96.25 as Enjoy is saying) the current build has.

(And got Ninja'd by Enjoy on that exact thing!)

Is there a reason you are not interested in Purple sets and ATOs? The ATOs in particular feel pretty attainable, and once you're in the swing of things that influence will come fast and furious.

Edited by Moridus
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

96% from sets is more than enough with hasten. +5 those rech IO's if you are just gonna 2 slot it though. 

Totally true. Hasten with 2 generic recharge IOs boosted to +5 would mean +166.25% global recharge (70% + 96.25% = 166.25%) and, even with a bit of downtime for hasten for which global recharge is lower, domination should reliably renew itself before its 90 second activation period expires.  

Edit: There are corner cases in which stacked slow debuffs on a dominator can prevent domination from auto-renewing, even with high global recharge. That's why having slow resistance built up to some degree can sometimes help dominators quite a bit. Still, slow debuffs tend to end up becoming stacked to significant numbers via a bunch of incoming attacks and usually the rate and amount of incoming damage ends up being the bigger problem than the slow debuffs in such situations.

I downloaded nearly every build on the first page of this AT forum and these are the numbers I get with hasten deactivated.

188%, 177% (with 4 purple and an ATO), a 218% (with 4 purple and an ATO), 183% (Enjoys ice dom, with incarnate recharge, 3 purples and an ATO), 207%, 208% (3 purples and an ATO), 196% (2 Purple and an ATO), 223% (with 4 purples)

The ones that broke 200% are using the Reactive Defenses/Preventitive Medicine 8.75% set bonus and/or purples/ATOs.

55 minutes ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

Hasten with 2 generic recharge IOs boosted to +5 would mean +166.25% global recharge

Is that what you've been trying to tell me this whole time?? Frosticus took the shorter route to the same solution lol

1 hour ago, Moridus said:

Is there a reason you are not interested in Purple sets and ATOs? The ATOs in particular feel pretty attainable, and once you're in the swing of things that influence will come fast and furious.

IMO, purples and ATOs aren't worth the time and effort. I'd rather make more builds faster thank sink all that time and effort into doing one build at a time.

• 3 weeks later