Savage Melee questions :)

Tigersoul78

I just did my final respec on my savage melee brute and  i dropped hemorrhage faster than a bad habit. The only 2 powers in my opinion that are totally skippable in the set are hemorrhage and the first attack on the powers list(cant remember name). Shred is awesome when you put the Achilles proc in it. My go to chain currently is savage leap, rending flurry and then shred...nothing really survives that rush of baglady fingernails

Hemmorage is a DPS drop on Scrappers in most, if not all, situations.  Stalkers, I think, can actually get a DPS boost from running it though, 

Shred is good for filling your attack chain leveling up, but is pretty terrible by the time you can get a solid chain with Savage, Maiming, and Vicious Strikes.  Even with the -Res Proc, it does not fire off very often and you'll have to spend a loooot of time animating Shred over and over and over to get much use out of it.  It might be worthwhile if you can line up multiple hard targets with Shred consistently but... that's pretty uncommon. 

Take Pylon numbers with a bit of a grain of salt since they're very specific situations, but running a chain of 5-slotted Vicious > Maiming > Savage > micro gap, which is a sub-optimal chain if you don't have the recharge to rid of the gap, takes down Pylons about 5 minutes faster than running Shred with Achilles Heel debuff.  You add procs, ATOs, and Incarnate powers to that and the above chain is just gonna start getting a lot faster.  I can link to the post I did the run if you wanna see in more detail.

Shred also gets a bit outclassed in the AoE department.  5-Stack Rending Flurry and Savage Leap are both wide-area and can wipe all the minions in a spawn if they're close enough together if you use Blood Thirst as an alpha strike.  Or you can mix in an APP/PPP AoE, like Fireball or Ball Lightning to do it every spawn.  At that point, you can just focus the toughest target in the group with your single target chain and throw your AoEs as they come up everything should drop at more or less the same time.

And of course, Taunt/Confront is situational whether you want it or not.

And for reference, I'm also Savage/Regen.  The combo is so endurance light is obscene.  Only ever had endurance issues that couldn't be solved with a blue was when I was being sapped or hit with recovery/end cost debuffs.

Hemmorage is a DPS drop on Scrappers in most, if not all, situations.  Stalkers, I think, can actually get a DPS boost from running it though, 

Shred is good for filling your attack chain leveling up, but is pretty terrible by the time you can get a solid chain with Savage, Maiming, and Vicious Strikes.  Even with the -Res Proc, it does not fire off very often and you'll have to spend a loooot of time animating Shred over and over and over to get much use out of it.  It might be worthwhile if you can line up multiple hard targets with Shred consistently but... that's pretty uncommon. 

Take Pylon numbers with a bit of a grain of salt since they're very specific situations, but running a chain of 5-slotted Vicious > Maiming > Savage > micro gap, which is a sub-optimal chain if you don't have the recharge to rid of the gap, takes down Pylons about 5 minutes faster than running Shred with Achilles Heel debuff.  You add procs, ATOs, and Incarnate powers to that and the above chain is just gonna start getting a lot faster.  I can link to the post I did the run if you wanna see in more detail.

Shred also gets a bit outclassed in the AoE department.  5-Stack Rending Flurry and Savage Leap are both wide-area and can wipe all the minions in a spawn if they're close enough together if you use Blood Thirst as an alpha strike.  Or you can mix in an APP/PPP AoE, like Fireball or Ball Lightning to do it every spawn.  At that point, you can just focus the toughest target in the group with your single target chain and throw your AoEs as they come up everything should drop at more or less the same time.

And of course, Taunt/Confront is situational whether you want it or not.

And for reference, I'm also Savage/Regen.  The combo is so endurance light is obscene.  Only ever had endurance issues that couldn't be solved with a blue was when I was being sapped or hit with recovery/end cost debuffs.

I've heard that hemorrhage is better than leap on stalkers and crits better than assassin strike, can't confirm this though. As for shred being lackluster later on, you maybe right again I cant confirm all I can say is that i enjoy shred in my build and he fits the concept I built him as, maybe not the most optimal but still the most fun for me. I do appreciate your insight on it and may make my next one with the info you brought up

Thanks