The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Focused Feedback: New Story Arc - Ashling Corlett - Only Love Can Hurt Like This

• Developer
On 7/14/2024 at 7:07 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

I will give my feedback on the arc later, but I wanted to point out a typo I found in the last mission:

image.png.fdff63e8a0a59028f5ccd5ab15cf4cd7.png

Her name is Ashling, unless Countess Crey is using the wrong name as a means of insulting her.

I say it is, so it is. Isn't that neat?

See you around... Ashley? Ashton? Close enough.

• Haha 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

Hey, so, this is, without hyperbole, the only Crey mission I've actually enjoyed going through. I'm usually bored fighting Crey, but it really clicked for me this time. Might help that it kept threatening to come really close to a lot of background details from my main hero's backstory, heh. But it was fun. Anyway, some quick notes:

In the first mission, if you follow the optional objectives, the final item doesn't have a number in front of it (something I've done too many times in AE missions to count, heh)

image.png.f6d77c3a8e13ad95e7591441f11f0ba5.png

-I feel like the revelation that Dr. Aeon stole from Crey to make Architect Entertainment is a bit of a retcon. I don't even think it's a necessary one that makes the story go smoother, they more or less worked together on it, didn't they? Or is it a case of Dr. Aeon stealing more than he was given initially? Maybe this is just building off of that idea, but it still felt a little strange to read. I'll have to brush up on my in-game history.

-It says that Desert Freeze accepts the teleport tag to return to the chopper, though she instead runs away. A minor nitpick, but thought I'd mention it.

-It was so nice to do some simple street sweeping by fighting Trolls. Nothing too complicated, and it happened when I was right by some anyway, so it broke up the activity nicely. Also, I enjoyed having an actual "defeat all" for the first mission; normally those are kind of a drag, but it was fun this time. Not sure why.

-Other people have mentioned it, but I was thrown off by the fact that I had to go talk to her in Ouroboros. I'm not sure if it's a glitch that you can't take her missions outside of Ouroboros if you're above level 44, or if that's always what was intended and it was just improperly listed as 41+ in the release notes. Not a big deal, but it was a bit of a disappointing stumbling block out of the gate. On that note, though, more lower-level content is always good, even if "lower" in this case is just six below the level cap, heh.

-All of the Paragon Protector fights led to the obvious issue of the ones who would tap their invulnerability power or whatever it's called and become effectively untouchable (at least to me) for a while. I wasn't too thrown off by this, not my first Paragon Protector rodeo, but I want to note that I especially appreciated the fight against SctachingPost because she called for backback during her invulnerability phase, so I at least had other minions to fight during that (one of those minions activated *their* invulnerability, which was kinda funny, but still, heh)

Anyway, thanks again for making this, it was a lot of fun. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2