The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Dark/Cold Alpha Incarnate help

Griffin

I just came back to the game a week or so ago and leveled up this dark/cold corr and have been having fun with him. I am torn between what ability to take for my alpha - i know i want to do Musculature but i do not know if i should go core or radial. The added to hit debuff would be nice, but the added damage would also be much appreciated. Anyone have strong beliefs here?

here is my build if curious. Will post the mids file if anyone wants it. I just crafted Musculature boost but not sure which tree to follow. I am sure some of you have opinions here.

image.thumb.png.46838bfbe3474578d7e03ac58c90fdc1.png

Radial, no question. In addition to enhancing tohit debuff, it also enhances end mod. You really won't notice the difference between 33% and 45% damage enhancement. The other option would be Intuition Radial, which swaps immobilize, end mod and run speed for hold, range and slow.

Your build looks proc-heavy and you've got acc/to-hit accounted for. 6 slotting Infrigidate with procs seems kind silly when your Benumb isn't slotted for recharge and Sleet is barely thrown a bone. I don't think you could be hurting for endurance with Heat Loss slotted the way it is, so I'd stick with Core Musculature.

I guess if you said what the build is for others could better identify how to help you. 

Posted (edited)

Infrigidate hits like a truck and is just part of my normal single target attack chain like this, though i could potenitally drop the accuracy IO. Sleet could definitely use another recharge IO, the one in there now is at +5 and it is up every 18ish seconds with global recharge and force feedback proc. Benumb i had one recharge but i was noticing it was missing, though it was before i had respeced into focused accuracy. I would like to have some additional slots in each of those powers to reduce cool down a bit, but i feel it is best optimized this way.

I had not thought about intuition radial. The added range would be nice for the cones, but would kind of be a waste until i get past the first few levels since it initially only increases hold duration. 

As for the use of the build, no specific goals.  I do usually team, but just trying to create a good build that is effective and contributes at a high level to team, but is also able to solo if i desire.

*edit*

I think i can get rid of the chance to hold proc in Gloom. I virtually never see it go off and that slot would be better in benumb or sleet probably.

Edited by Griffin

If you do end up teaming, you might try dropping super speed and subbing it with Athletic Run instead. Then you could grab Frostwork and slot Preventative Medicine: Absorb proc in it. This will go off even if you don't cast Frostwork.

Aside from that, you could look at the Acc/Rech D-Sync enhancements for Benumb if slots are tight. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

good idea with the D-sync enhancements.

I initially didnt have super speed on this guy, but once i hit 50 i had to get it. Running across zones with just ninja run was just too slow. Once on the mission map not that big a deal but i dont know if i can get rid of it again.

I havent used absorb procs before - i thought you had to use the power for them to work so the only place to put them would be a heal. That is good to know it will go off if it is just slotted.

9 hours ago, Griffin said:

I havent used absorb procs before - i thought you had to use the power for them to work so the only place to put them would be a heal. That is good to know it will go off if it is just slotted.

The Preventative Medicine +absorb is a Global and doesn't need to be in an active power. 

• Microphone 1

I ended up going Musculature Core. I tried the tier 3 of both radial and core and couldn't see the benefit of radial, but i did actually feel the extra damage. Thanks for the input guys.  Any suggestions on which Lore or Interface to take? I took Barrier Radial for my Destiny slot - not t4 yet but it is t3.

11 hours ago, Griffin said:

Any suggestions on which Lore or Interface to take?

I'm partial to Carnival of Shadow because the Untouchable pet grants Forge (for more dmg!) and has a single target heal. The other pet has AoE Psi tornado and other Psi dmg attacks which helps melt enemies.