The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

DP/Poison

OdinAZ

Hello,

I decided to give DP another shot and am looking for a secondary.  /Poison seems good, Envenom and Weaken seem pretty clutch.  But I see a  lot of negative reviews of this set.  Is there something specific I am missing?  Should I really "Just play a /Rad"?

Poison is quite good but has a learning curve. 

• You only need to take 4 powers (Envenom, Weaken, Poison Trap and Venomous Gas). The others are optional/skippable (although several are useful as mules).
  • Envenom and Weaken apply a 100% strength debuff to the main target and a 50% strength debuff in an 8 ft radius AoE around that target. These are considered separate effects, so you can "stack" the debuffs by hitting two targets near one another. 
  • Because Venomous Gas is a PBAoE, and the radius of Envenom and Weaken is small, Poison is best played in melee range.
  • There are a lot of ways to slot Poison Trap, mostly focused on how many %dmg procs you slot vs. how much acc/hold duration/recharge. Do not slot for damage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

I started taking only three powers as a poison corrupter. I leave out Weaken. As a defender you are kind of locked in with taking weaken so I do. Depending on how experienced you are with the set. 

I like to go for dmg as corr. This leaves you open for an extra power pick. I like the fire epic. Greater fire sword is a sweet add on to your ST chain attacks with high global recharge. Consume gives you a little end buff after its use with a knock down IO in it is nice. 

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch