The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Formula for Reward Merits in Incarnate Trials?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone happened to have the formula for how to calculate the amount of reward merits for incarnate trials? Maybe a dev?

The completion times below that are based on the formula for normal, non-incarnate trials is obviously way off the mark, which makes sense since incarnate trials are a different animal than normal trials. Besides, incarnate trials didn't award Reward Merits until Homecoming's Issue 27 Page 4, which is where I got the amount of reward merits for each trial.

Looking over the number of reward merits and comparing them to @Oklahoman’s trial completion times, it actually looks like a 1 to 1 ratio between reward merits and time. Meaning, 1 reward merit for each minute spent to complete the trial (60 merits per hour). Do you guys agree?

NAME REWARD MERITS COMPLETION TIME (for normal trials) @Oklahoman Completion Times
Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial 18 55 min 20 min
Lambda Sector Trial 20 61 min 12 min (speed run) 20 min (badge run)
Keyes Island Reactor Trial 18 55 min  
The Underground Trial 40 118 min  
TPN Campus Trial 30 90 min 20-25 min
Minds of Mayhem Trial 30 90 min  
Dilemma Diabolique Trial 30 90 min 20-25 min
The Magisterium Trial 22 67 min 20 min

Devs, the patch notes mention that "For Incarnate Trials we'll be adding a completion bonus reward of Reward Merits on-top of the current standard Empyrean/Astral Merit rewards valuing the total of what the standard conversion would've amounted to. Meaning you'll get the same number of Empyrean/Astral Merits as you were before Page 4 but also get the following on-top"

Let's use the BAF trial as an example. In BAF, the most a player could possibly earn is 9 astral merits per run (it's typically 5-6 merits in most runs). The conversion ratio from astral merits to reward merits was 1 for 2, or 5 astral merits for 10 reward merits. 9 x 2 = 18. That checks out. So my question is really "Is this how incarnate trial reward merits were calculated or were they calculated base on the average completion time?"

Thanks!

You may want to join the Beta or Closed Beta to get an answer to this question.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Follow up:

I did find out. For incarnate trials, the reward merits are tied to the drop tables. Basically anywhere there was an astral merit, 2 reward merits were added. 

On 7/12/2024 at 10:30 PM, BlackSpectre said:

Oh, You mean to I should post this over in the beta threads. Got it! Thanks.

No. I mean apply to join the closed beta. You can then post and ask questions on that forum.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.