Best Lore pet for a Kin/Sonic Defender?

Story Archer

Obviously I spend the vast majority of my time teaming, but it'd be nice to be able to solo effectively as well, so I'm thinking probably a damage dealer with a little bit of survivability - maybe one that can pull/hold some of the aggro?

If it matters, my other Incarnates are:

• Alpha: Nerve Core Paragon
  • Judgement: Ion Core Final Judgement
  • Interface: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface
  • Destiny: Barrier Core Epiphany
  • Hybrid: Assault Radial Embodiment

Build, for those interested:

[K-D1VA] with Inc.mbd

Edited by Story Archer

a) Anything but Seers.

b) I'm fond of Carnies

c) It's an old post, but try:

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE.

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard*, ..., 801.5 Moderate**, ..., 801.6 Hard***, ..., 801.7 Four Star****, ... 801.F Death.

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

• 2 weeks later
On 7/21/2024 at 4:18 AM, MoonSheep said:

i use the polar lights or whatever they’re called on my 5+ year kin/sonic def, they have good both ST and AoE damage when hyped up by FS

What would be the difference (if you know) between robotic drones and polar lights? I think polar lights will fit best theme-wise but the drones would be good as well, so I'm torn...

15 minutes ago, Story Archer said:

I think it's down to these two if I go with theme... what makes Polar Lights good?

Comparing the T4 boss pets, Polar Lights has 4 attacks while Robotic Drones has 3, and the recharge of the more damaging ST attack is 5s vs. 8s. Overall, Polar Lights has higher DPS (both ST and AoE). On the flip side, the secondary effect of Polar Lights is -def while Robotic Drones is -regen, but I don't think this moves the needle in Drones favor. 

Polar   Robotic 
ST         300.7         347.0
ST         379.4         379.4
Cone         231.3         247.5
AoE         208.2  

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=incarnatepets_lore_lights_boss_buff

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=incarnatepets_lore_drones_boss_buff

4 hours ago, Uun said:

Comparing the T4 boss pets, Polar Lights has 4 attacks while Robotic Drones has 3, and the recharge of the more damaging ST attack is 5s vs. 8s. Overall, Polar Lights has higher DPS (both ST and AoE). On the flip side, the secondary effect of Polar Lights is -def while Robotic Drones is -regen, but I don't think this moves the needle in Drones favor. 

Polar   Robotic 
ST         300.7         347.0
ST         379.4         379.4
Cone         231.3         247.5
AoE         208.2  

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=incarnatepets_lore_lights_boss_buff

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=incarnatepets_lore_drones_boss_buff

Thank you for providing that!

I wouldn't be so quick to discount the -Regen... in my experience, if you counted the health not regained, it tends to equate to a substantial amount of additional damage.

4 hours ago, Story Archer said:

I wouldn't be so quick to discount the -Regen... in my experience, if you counted the health not regained, it tends to equate to a substantial amount of additional damage.

Keep in mind that AVs heavily resist -regen, so 50% becomes 7%.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 3:10 AM, Story Archer said:

Thank you for providing that!

i wouldn’t overthink it, if you have a good fulcrum shift going and have launched off 2-3 sonic attacks you’ll be doing fine

my def is slotted with mostly generic IOs and some SOs, the attacks mostly just have accuracy in them

some builds need a min/max approach to get the most out of it, kin/sonic just needs the player to regularly cast SB and hit FS at the right time