Prestige NemStaff rooting/animation error

srmalloy

I don't have a character with the temporary power version of the Nemesis Staff power, so I don't know whether it occurs with it as well, but with the prestige power Nemesis Staff, after you fire the attack, you continue to be rooted for around a half second to a second after the animation completes; enough time for the other mobs in a spawn to target you and fire back while you're standing there in the open like an idiot. I can't tell from outside whether this is a timing issue -- the animation speed was changed but the root duration was not -- or just the animation time and root time durations not being properly synched up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking at City of Data, the Nemesis Staff Prestige Attack power... the Animation Time Before Effect is 0.767 seconds and the Root Time is 2.5 seconds. It looks like nearly two full seconds elapse before the player can move freely. 

image.thumb.png.b1be2c4fbff0824d30aaa054e06f5880.png

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

after you fire the attack, you continue to be rooted for around a half second to a second after the animation completes; enough time for the other mobs in a spawn to target you and fire back while you're standing there in the open like an idiot.

Prestige Blackwand does the exact same thing.

Are you looking for Ultramode style, candy coated enhancements and powers?

WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!

(they're also in the City Mod installer)