Cannot log in since update: Corrupt files?

• Lead Game Master

Vista?

Oh jeeze.

I think we have like 1, maybe 2 Vista players. So while it should still work, there isn't a lot of vista-based expertise to go around.

Also not sure why Marine X's advice so far hasn't panned out for you. Keep us updated!

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

I think I may have had Vista loaded when HC first spun up on my old laptop, but getting it all running via Linux made stuff so much easier.  And then I replaced all my hardware over the last two years.

When the launcher was released, all I wound up doing was installing this, and then just copying over the client side stuff like costumes, etc...

As an aside, I nuked my install once with Mids somehow, but other than losing some popmenus I hadn't backed up, it was easy to restore.

Hi Marine X,

Still no bueno. I’m thinking it’s a Vista issue. I have an old Netbook (if you know what they are) and it runs the Homecoming launcher but the game sucks on it. I’m in the process of copying files off of my Vista machine that I want to keep. I have a cheap SSD I’ve ordered to replace the HDD and a friend willing to swap it out and install Windows 7. I think that will solve my problem. I’ll update in about a week and let you know how it went.  I sincerely appreciate the help. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if this is the case here, but most installs of Vista were 32 bit, they offered 64 bit but it was not the standard install at the time. I am not sure the HC Launcher can run on 32 bit systems and have no way to test that currently. Anyway, make sure that your Windows 7 install is 64 bit, just to be sure, it can be done either way. This will remove one more pesky thing from the list of possible problems when you try to install the HC Launcher. 

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

5 hours ago, Howie said:

My Vista is 32-bit. When using the Tequila launcher I always selected the 32-bit option to play. 

Ah. Hit the settings option  (The three dots I circled in yellow) and then when the setting menu pops up, try the 32 bit

hclaunch.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1