Simplest ways to get Adamant badge?

ZekeStenzland

Doing a lot of missions on my L36 Necro/Dark MM. Mostly blue side, but a fair amount of red side too. I've gotten 3 of the 4 stat accolades. I'm looking at unlocking the last one: Portal Jockey or Born in Battle. Born in Battle seems like the simplest one to get. Got 3 badges left for that. Two are relatively trivial and I should have them soon (Pirate and Exterminator). The last badge is Adamant, the 3rd damage taken achievement badge. I have the first one, and am only 50% through the second one.  I'm up for ideas on the best ways to speed up getting this particular badge.

Some possible thoughts...

My main account has probably 100+ chars, from levels 1-50+. I have a second account with 1 L50 brute and 2 level 1 chars. I doubt the existing characters on account 2 would be useful. But I suppose I could make another helper on account 2, use someone on account 1 to PL him to L50 or so, and then use that new helper to assist the MM (as well as any future characters) in getting his Adamant badge somehow. It's an option. I'm not sure what that helper would be but am up for suggestions.

I know there are a few zones where you can stand (or rest!) in fires. It seemed pretty tough to survive on solo melee characters, but this plan doesn't seem very plausible for this character.

I have this vague idea that there are certain types of pvp matches where I might be able to make much more effective progress on this badge. But I don't know what those are. Again, I have that second account, so that might be helpful in getting that arranged.

Any helpful suggestions?

For my badger, the damage taken was a bit of a slog and my second account helped by being an Empath Defender.

I think for them, I did a couple different ways, one of which was the Mercy fire one, but that one seems to be iffy due to fires not always there.

For any char, it's finding something that does damage at a lower rate than your regen.  (whether that regen is native, or being boosted, or you are being healed)

Easily controlled method is going into a mission with mobs that do the right amount of damage and then setting up before bedtime.

I'm thinking having a L50 Empathy Defender on the 2nd account is probably the safer way to go.

I was a bit of a moron, thinking I'd have to PL the empath to L50 from my first account. But I'd totally forgotten that lots of folks happily PL others until I saw someone announcing open slots in his AE farm. But I was almost done getting my ghost pirate hunting badge and hadn't really confirmed that Empathy Defender would be the best way to go, so I didn't join up. It certainly sounds like a better idea than me PLing my own healer. If for no other reason than I am not a Professional Farmer (tm).

• I USED RIKTI MONKEYS TO GET THE FINAL 'IMMORTAL' BADGE... MAYBE IT WOULD WORK FOR YOU?  MADE THREAD FUTHER DOWN THE LINE IN BADGES....

I've teamed with you on quite a few alts, quite a few times, while you work on various mission badges and have always enjoyed it. When I read "rikti monkeys" my first reaction was what a stoopid idea it was since most of those monkeys are *way* higher level than L36 me! But duh, if I'm sidekicked to a L50 empath, they're probably not as instantly suicidal as I first thought they might be 😉

And of course, in the 20mins while you guys were responding, Pirate and Exterminator are already acquired and now it's just Born in Battle I'm waiting on...

Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1