Transfer items

On 7/25/2024 at 2:29 PM, pwepepsis said:

Hi,

can we please have like a 100 items attachable to one e-mail?

Thank you

I'm hoping "like a 100 items" is a deliberate exaggeration to make the point.  There'd be no need for personal storage vaults or base storage, for that matter, if we could attach that number of items per email.

I am curious though, and perhaps one of the "old guard" can answer the question:  Why was the in-game email set to one item each?  Other MMOs of the time were permitting 3 or more items to be attached.  Is it some limitation within the game code, or original storage, or...?

I am fine with having increase attachments per email but something more reasonable like 3 items or perhaps up to 5.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

If nothing else, if I could send stacks of items (up to 10) in a single email, that would help A LOT.

• Like 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

On 7/27/2024 at 3:10 AM, Techwright said:

I'm hoping "like a 100 items" is a deliberate exaggeration to make the point.  There'd be no need for personal storage vaults or base storage, for that matter, if we could attach that number of items per email.

I am curious though, and perhaps one of the "old guard" can answer the question:  Why was the in-game email set to one item each?  Other MMOs of the time were permitting 3 or more items to be attached.  Is it some limitation within the game code, or original storage, or...?

I am fine with having increase attachments per email but something more reasonable like 3 items or perhaps up to 5.

As far as I can tell, every item attachment in email is a single entity in a DB, so that's why even though a multiple is listed on granted items, you still can only pull one out at a time.    There's a lot of odd database schemas in the game that make me think that the original setup was by someone who hadn't spent that much time doing such and by the time better methods were known, it was too much of a pain to reconstruct.   (I've done this myself on old projects and had to redo a bunch of stuff once i knew better. Though sometimes it's a limit imposed by tech at the time of writing the code)