Power Sets I'd Like to See

1 hour ago, Webmaxx3 said:

@KingCeddd03must really want this power? @KingCeddd03 why do you want this power? As a matter of fact, for anyone who wants it, why do you want to see it made into the game?

I can only speak for myself when I say... "Style." That and I have some kind of "ism" that makes it annoying that there is a baller snake sorcerer looking staff and all we can do is be aggressively cool color guard.

Also, for the room at large, nobody has any comments or ideas for the cursed weapon or packin heat epic pools ideas? If anything, I feel that would fill a gap in the vibes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeathWyrm said:

Also, for the room at large, nobody has any comments or ideas for the cursed weapon or packin heat epic pools ideas? If anything, I feel that would fill a gap in the vibes. 

The only thing I have to say about Cursed Weapon is the same thing I had with Magic Blast. Cursed weapons are limiting in theme. Add in that a cursed weapon will impose negative effects on the wielder, and again my request is to use something less restrictive for players to use even if it possesses all the original intended animations. (Just don't make it actually cursed or the set will never see use outside of niche characters their creators want to suffer negative effects with.)

The only thing I have to say about Packed Heat is to correct you about temp powers not really being able to be kept. That depends strictly on the temp powers in question. Though in this case, it would likely go away after so many charges just as you are saying.

I have nothing to say about the epic pools themselves. More options for players are a good thing in my book, they just need further development to know more about what you as the author intend from them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The only thing I have to say about Cursed Weapon is the same thing I had with Magic Blast. Cursed weapons are limiting in theme. Add in that a cursed weapon will impose negative effects on the wielder, and again my request is to use something less restrictive for players to use even if it possesses all the original intended animations. (Just don't make it actually cursed or the set will never see use outside of niche characters their creators want to suffer negative effects with.)

The only thing I have to say about Packed Heat is to correct you about temp powers not really being able to be kept. That depends strictly on the temp powers in question. Though in this case, it would likely go away after so many charges just as you are saying.

I have nothing to say about the epic pools themselves. More options for players are a good thing in my book, they just need further development to know more about what you as the author intend from them.

Ah, I'll rephrase the naming of the power as I was not intending for it to have negative effects. I just like the idea of a powered melee weapon that a toon could pick up and keep. I'll actually stick to my view on temporary powers though. Yeah, you can keep some of them but you don't really get the same variety that you do with a pool. And you can't slot them. I'll renamed Cursed Weapon to Powered Weapon to avoid the confusion you spoke up.

Edited by DeathWyrm
Updated Wording on first page.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't have strong opinions on what the set should be named, but I do love the basic idea.  It would be really cool to play D&D type wizard with a magic staff that could shoot lightning bolts, fireballs, and do other cool magic staff-type shenanigans'.  😎  

2 minutes ago, Grognard_87 said:

This has probably been answered, but has there been any info on if we'll ever see the cancelled ATs made?

Which ones? Because yes, we do have final responses on some of them. The Avilans for instance will not be made. They were being considered so players could have winged characters, but then it turned out that wasn't necessary. The Devoured are very unlikely to ever see implementation because their inherent exists in Brutes already. And I have to wonder about the Hyper-Advanced Clockwork since their trademark ability is covered by Bio Armor.

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

Which ones? Because yes, we do have final responses on some of them. The Avilans for instance will not be made. They were being considered so players could have winged characters, but then it turned out that wasn't necessary. The Devoured are very unlikely to ever see implementation because their inherent exists in Brutes already. And I have to wonder about the Hyper-Advanced Clockwork since their trademark ability is covered by Bio Armor.

I only know about the ones detailed on the unoffical wiki ones, but curious about Primalist.

10 hours ago, DeathWyrm said:

Yeah, as much as I wish I could make a toon that transforms that much, best the game can give us right now is complicated alien symbiotes and rping with costume slots.

Makes sense. The most transformation I've seen are things like the Peacebringers and Warshades so I assumed there'd be limits to the ideas of shapeshifting creatures, though thanks to the customisation for the powers so much can be reproduced.

I remember Matt "Positron" Miller saying how if he was given a chance to make a City of Heroes 2 he'd need to make certain the foundation was more malluable because of things like the issues they had when adding wholly new systems to the engine like salvage, recipes and crafting and so much more.

Just got back into the game after so long (said last time I was in was like 1800+ days ago for all my characters. oof.) so I was curious what there was made so far and what new features there are and I've been loving what I'm seeing so far.