Ice/Poison

On 8/31/2024 at 6:37 PM, Meknomancer said:

Well ice/marine isn't awful it turns out but it is still rough going. Slotted for 10 points kb protection and it can't even make it through a moonfire without faceplanting at least once....due to knockbacks.

Moonfire TF is mostly Council, so it is certainly the FREEM! that is getting you. You need 20+ points of KB protection for FREEM!

FWIW, 10 points of KB is IMO borderline... Once over 4, I figure you may as well go for 12 (or 13, depending on how you achieve it). The SG base buff can get you another 10 points.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tidge said:

Moonfire TF is mostly Council, so it is certainly the FREEM! that is getting you. You need 20+ points of KB protection for FREEM!

FWIW, 10 points of KB is IMO borderline... Once over 4, I figure you may as well go for 12 (or 13, depending on how you achieve it). The SG base buff can get you another 10 points.

The SG base buffs! I have never used them and always forget. Bad habit to be in. 

• 4 weeks later

<waves to all>

I haven't played in a while but when I did, I really enjoyed the Ice/Poison build that was linked here (I'm 99% sure it's the same one I have on live as I don't really respec a whole lot). 

I had no issues with all toggles running and staying alive (jump into the [middle of the] group and go to town).  Things were locked down and not hitting me at all; like you mentioned OP, the dmg is horrible, of course, but I don't die*.  And, yes, this was at +4/x8.  Mobs are either held, getting KB'd up/down, confused, and obviously debuffed so much they can't touch me.

Again, haven't played in a while but now you have me wanting to play just to experience the toon again.  XD

Edit: I think for dmg powers I really only had 3.  ST hold, vet staff power, and my pet (which is obviously not great)....oh and the T4 Judgement power.  So yeah, mobs can't kill me but it does take me "forever" to kill them (if +4 obviously).  XD

*of course, you'd get the occasional course of bad luck that can always happen

Edited by energizing_ion
  • Haha 1