building big on small...

Snarky

it seems you cannot build above a base, even on the largest footprint, unless there is a room under where you are building.  or am i doing something weird?

if, in fact this is true, can you put in the rooms, then build the base above the "base level" then remove the rooms, to allow you to pass through to underneath the base/ (yes, I realize you have to build the underneath before removing rooms.  same rules. )

still havent worked out how to make the passage from top to bottom work out aesthetically, but i have some guesses to try

• Retired Community Rep
46 minutes ago, Snarky said:

can you put in the rooms, then build the base above the "base level" then remove the rooms, to allow you to pass through to underneath the base

No. 'Fraid not. Doing this would result in everything above or below the room being deleted. Thankfully the editor prompts you about this before completing the action.

• Thanks 1

(\/)     Easter Bunny 
   ( . . )    Retired Community Rep  |  
Active Base Advocate

c (") (")   Community Base Directory  |  Base Building Guide  |  Base Building Discord 

15 minutes ago, Easter Bunny said:

No. 'Fraid not. Doing this would result in everything above or below the room being deleted. Thankfully the editor prompts you about this before completing the action.

right.  everything is considered "in that room" that is above or below.  thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1