Bosses Not Appearing For "Defeat a Boss"

So I have this story arc that I'm working on, and the list of foes in one mission is a mix of repurposed and recolored pre-existing bad guys, and there's one Custom Boss (set to Do Not Auto Spawn) and one Custom Lt.  So when I try and set up a "Fight a Boss" the only options that come up on the list for this grouping of foes are the two customs (one of which isn't even boss level).   I have plenty of spawn points for the boss ight, currently populated with the Lt.  Also was a bit odd I notice in that whichever pre-made boss I have in that group rarely ever seem to spawn naturally, like in a large group (yes, tried altering my difficulty settings, even tried a different toon).

But I would like to set one of those pre-made bosses for the Defeat a Boss.  Is this some sort of farming prevention "rule" that I don't understand?

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Well - not sure its a rule, but basically, if you want to use that custom boss - you have to choose thier standard version from the standard mob, as a boss - then recolor them, and change their bio again.

Just the way it works for some reason.

• Like 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Weird.  And didn't seem to make any difference.  😄

Oh well, in this one time, it's not too big a deal at least.

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝