Things I'd like to see

Aura's for weapons. Dual Blades power set would have the option to have different aura's for each weapon and Staff Fighting would have the option for the entire staff to have an aura or just the ends, and there could be an option to have different auras for each end.

Caps need emblems.

Staff Fighting - Pitchfork - There is a trident already, but it's not quite the same look as a pitchfork.

Titan Weapons/Staff Fighting - War Scythe

Battle Axe or Broadsword and Dual Blades- Sickle

New Power set - Polearm - or put it in staff fighting, but I think it fits better as it's own power set.

• Like 2

No

Yes (and more)

Maybe

Too close to an Avengers foe. Perhaps if it could be made interesting.

Nice

How would it work? What would make it different to Titan Weapons? The point of pole arms is they were designed to be used  en masse. a single pike is just a victim.

• Thumbs Down 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

• 2 weeks later
On 9/16/2024 at 6:40 AM, Blazar said:

Aura's for weapons. Dual Blades power set would have the option to have different aura's for each weapon and Staff Fighting would have the option for the entire staff to have an aura or just the ends, and there could be an option to have different auras for each end.

Caps need emblems.

Staff Fighting - Pitchfork - There is a trident already, but it's not quite the same look as a pitchfork.

Titan Weapons/Staff Fighting - War Scythe

New Power set - Polearm - or put it in staff fighting, but I think it fits better as it's own power set.

I would love to see weapons with auras, the appearance of the weapon with an aura would make them seem more dangerous and more powerful.

Yes we need more more.

I agree we need more choices for weapons,

Why not that would be cool to have a war scythe, I have a grim reaper character that needs that to complete its look.

Polearm powerset coming right up stay tooned.

On 9/16/2024 at 7:40 AM, Blazar said:

If they do this, we are also gonna want a new powerset: Akimbo Melee for builds that use One Blunt and One Bladed Weapon.

You could have it so the Power Set just has attacks that do smashing and attacks that do lethal.... but it might be neater to work in a mechanic where the damage alternates for all attacks or on some other basis.

It would be really neat for Weaponmaster type characters who don't specialize in one weapon.

Of course... I would want Hockey Sticks for Blunt and bladed.... hah.

the problem with adding auras to weapons is that there are too many bloody auras and FX in the game already. When you have a large league in close proximity it's very hard to discern what's going on even with gfx turned down low. Adding additional auras exacerbates that and frankly adds little value to the game experience overall. Might look great when you're solo but not in large groups.

I'm all in favour of more power sets. One I would dearly love to see implemented is a Rifle/Sword or Pistol/Sword combo (both would be amazing)

a blunt & blade set would be very similar to dual blades in terms of animations but would probably deal smashing and lethal damage respectively. Visually I get the appeal but I don't see it adding much to the game.

Pikes are largely defensive weapons and need many to work effectively as I've said before. Perhaps... if one of the powers was something like a Shiltrom or a Wall of Pikes pointing in a single direction that added a Mag 5 slow I could live with it but then you'd need something to stab your ensnared opponent with. It would take a lot of work to be viable - do the devs have the resource to put into something so niche?

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

4 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

the problem with adding auras to weapons is that there are too many bloody auras and FX in the game already. When you have a large league in close proximity it's very hard to discern what's going on even with gfx turned down low. Adding additional auras exacerbates that and frankly adds little value to the game experience overall. Might look great when you're solo but not in large groups.

I'm all in favour of more power sets. One I would dearly love to see implemented is a Rifle/Sword or Pistol/Sword combo (both would be amazing)

a blunt & blade set would be very similar to dual blades in terms of animations but would probably deal smashing and lethal damage respectively. Visually I get the appeal but I don't see it adding much to the game.

Pikes are largely defensive weapons and need many to work effectively as I've said before. Perhaps... if one of the powers was something like a Shiltrom or a Wall of Pikes pointing in a single direction that added a Mag 5 slow I could live with it but then you'd need something to stab your ensnared opponent with. It would take a lot of work to be viable - do the devs have the resource to put into something so niche?

1. That would not be an issue we have tab to lock on to enemies. I think adding auras to weapons is great.

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Wingslord24 said:

1. That would not be an issue we have tab to lock on to enemies. I think adding auras to weapons is great.

Tab lock is a blunt instrument. It will often target the nearest not the one you actually want to attack (the AV, for example)

Just because you think something would be great doesn't mean it gives real benefit to game play and in this instance I argue it would seriously detract from it. If you add bells and whistles to a game it has to give tangible benefits otherwise it's simple bloat

• Thumbs Up 3

My opinion doesn't really matter any more than anyone else's, but if I ask myself if I'd pay money for it, the answer would be no. As it stands now, I can't see my costume when I play, I can't see your costume when I play. I can barely make out the minotaur's weapon of choice when fighting, and sometimes not even then. A glow about it will do no good. 

Nobody will ever see it, except perhaps during a costume contest, so why? 

Just as an example of what I see when I play, on the advanced graphic setting: 

image.png.1c356a722a590ed5e55ff7390d1ea0fd.png

See my point? While this is a fire blaster, I can't imagine it would look any different if it were a mace/shield tank. Just seems like a waste of effort to me. 

• Thumbs Up 1