Tough Brute for Tanking / Solo

callador0630

Personally I would recommend a Rad/Stone Brute. The reasons are quite simple. 

2x damage auras, which both scale with rage, Brimstone which also scales with rage, and solid defenses and resists. The damage auras kill minions very quickly allowing you to focus on the boss and it's, your big AoE hitter is up often. It is a build that plays to the strengths of the brute, that being the DoT ramp, and presents no real weaknesses.

Brute health  cap is much higher than a scrappers and a little less than a tankers, which may be a consideration.  Certain armor sets will let the brute reach that cap, stone, invuln and some others.

Brutes have tanker resist caps which in a team with buffers is achievable.

If you are trying to match tanker resist/defense then i would probably say roll a tanker. You can do that or you could opt for more damage/procs and be a tougher scrapper with tanking ability or somewhere in between.

Built equally the tanker will clear trash faster and a brute will take down a hard target a faster but the tanker will always be more survivable.

On 9/20/2024 at 11:20 AM, callador0630 said:

This was another combo I was looking at.  I wondered how close a Rad Brute could get to capping the major resists outside of cold.  I bet it hits like a freight train! 🙂

You can cap all major resistances typically. I run a rotation of meltdown, melee core, and barrier.

• Like 1