Cold/storm/mace

terrasmash

Looking to start this set. On paper it looks really good I did take SoS and adrenal booster and experimental something. Took web envelope, scorpion shield and,focus accuracy 49th was maneuvers for Lotg. Are there any cold powers or storm? Besides the ones below. that I can really skip I think I took everything except for a frost something and I didn't take gust or direct strike in storm. Def is at 42.5 s/l. The reg resist whatever you call it power of that stupid good is on perma.

Many of the builder folks are going to be looking for a MIDs build to better assist you.

I can't speak to most of this, but you said you didn't take Direct Strike in storm and that seems like a pretty big mistake as it's the set's snipe and like hardest hitting single target attack.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

2 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Many of the builder folks are going to be looking for a MIDs build to better assist you.

I can't speak to most of this, but you said you didn't take Direct Strike in storm and that seems like a pretty big mistake as it's the set's snipe and like hardest hitting single target attack.

i was on the phone at that time.

• Infrigidate requires accuracy. If you're going to stick with 2 slots, switch the Analyze Weakness proc for an acc IO. If you want to add slots, Infrigidate works quite well with %dmg procs.
  • Not sure why you're 1-slotting Hailstones and Jet Stream. Combined with skipping Direct Strike you're really gimping yourself.
  • 6 slots in Snow Storm is a huge waste. It's a skippable power, but if you're going to take it, it doesn't require more than 1-2 slots.
  • Glacial Shield should be slotted for defense, not resist.
  • The Panacea proc shouldn't be slotted in Experimental Injection unless you want it to buff your target. If you want to buff yourself, it needs to go in Health.
  • Drop the defense slotting in Arctic Fog to 3 slots and use the other 3 slots for resistance (i.e., the Gladiator's Armor pieces from Glacial Shield).
  • Although the set bonuses are nice, I would drop Intensify down to 1-2 slots.
  • Sleet isn't worth slotting for damage and procs work poorly in it (because it's a pseudo pet). Slot 2x recharge IOs or 3-4 pieces of a Defense Debuff set.
  • Heal Loss does no damage, so Synapse's Shock isn't a great choice. Switch to one of the End Mod sets with more recharge.
  • Ice Shield should be taken much earlier than lvl 32.
  • Other than the set bonuses, there's not a lot of value in devoting 6 slots to Web Envelope. I'd be inclined to drop it entirely and pick up Direct Strike instead.
  • Slotting Focused Accuracy with the +perception proc is unnecessary. Consider swapping FA for Tactics if you intend to team.
  • Tough and Maneuvers needs end reduction if you intend to run them.
  • If you keep FA, swap Maneuvers for Weave.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Uun said:
  • Infrigidate requires accuracy. If you're going to stick with 2 slots, switch the Analyze Weakness proc for an acc IO. If you want to add slots, Infrigidate works quite well with %dmg procs.
  • Not sure why you're 1-slotting Hailstones and Jet Stream. Combined with skipping Direct Strike you're really gimping yourself.
  • 6 slots in Snow Storm is a huge waste. It's a skippable power, but if you're going to take it, it doesn't require more than 1-2 slots.
  • Glacial Shield should be slotted for defense, not resist.
  • The Panacea proc shouldn't be slotted in Experimental Injection unless you want it to buff your target. If you want to buff yourself, it needs to go in Health.
  • Drop the defense slotting in Arctic Fog to 3 slots and use the other 3 slots for resistance (i.e., the Gladiator's Armor pieces from Glacial Shield).
  • Although the set bonuses are nice, I would drop Intensify down to 1-2 slots.
  • Sleet isn't worth slotting for damage and procs work poorly in it (because it's a pseudo pet). Slot 2x recharge IOs or 3-4 pieces of a Defense Debuff set.
  • Heal Loss does no damage, so Synapse's Shock isn't a great choice. Switch to one of the End Mod sets with more recharge.
  • Ice Shield should be taken much earlier than lvl 32.
  • Other than the set bonuses, there's not a lot of value in devoting 6 slots to Web Envelope. I'd be inclined to drop it entirely and pick up Direct Strike instead.
  • Slotting Focused Accuracy with the +perception proc is unnecessary. Consider swapping FA for Tactics if you intend to team.
  • Tough and Maneuvers needs end reduction if you intend to run them.
  • If you keep FA, swap Maneuvers for Weave.

thank you for your input i changed some stuff using what you said in infrigldate would it be better to run another acc or recharge instead of that last proc? what to put in the snipe. is got 6 slots could move those around to others also last power pick is open. 

clillingdoom.-Defender (Cold Domination - Storm Blast).mbd

Edited by terrasmash
link new build

On 9/24/2024 at 6:53 PM, terrasmash said:

thank you for your input i changed some stuff using what you said in infrigldate would it be better to run another acc or recharge instead of that last proc? what to put in the snipe. is got 6 slots could move those around to others also last power pick is open. 

clillingdoom.-Defender (Cold Domination - Storm Blast).mbd 40.2 kB · 3 downloads

I'll do a quick breakdown and hope that @Uun isn't hiding around the corner 🤣

• Take the 2 res slots out of Ice Shield. It's kinda nice but arguably not all that useful to boost f/c res when you want the def.
  • Take a slot out of Experimental Injection and switch to a Prev Medicine absorb proc in the slot. Prev Med absorb proc saves lives (yours.)
  • Ideally you want Hasten 2 slotted with recharge as your last pick. It'll get your powers up faster and synergize with Adrenal Booster.
  • You don't really need Focused Accuracy. As a Defender your team buffs are more beefy so I'd switch it for Tactic's. You could run it with 1 or 2 end reductions and be fine. Move those slots elsewhere to powers like Storm Cell.
  • 5 piece Sting of the Manticore is usually my standard for snipes.
  • I haven't noticed huge issues with Cat5 knocking enemies about. Could probably remove the kb-kd slot.
  • You could take 2 slots out of Scorpion Shield and still have the same functionality.
  • Use the slots gained from the advice above to fill out Storm Cell, Jet Stream, and Hailstones. Maybe an extra slot or 2 for Maneuvers.

Edit: Forgot about Sleet. You could/should drop Tactic's entirely if you want to keep with your current build. I was sitting with it so I made the changes I suggested and cleaned the build up a bit.

clillingdoom.-Defender (Cold Domination - Storm Blast).mbd

Edited by Wimbochismo
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2024 at 6:53 PM, terrasmash said:

hank you for your input i changed some stuff using what you said in infrigldate would it be better to run another acc or recharge instead of that last proc? what to put in the snipe. is got 6 slots could move those around to others also last power pick is open. 

Apologies for the late response, I missed your post. Largely agree with @Wimbochismo's comments. In addition to what they said:

• I don't think you need more accuracy in Infrigidate. I'm not a big fan of the +tohit proc, so you could drop that if you wanted to slot a recharge IO.
  • Don't skip Sleet, it's one of the signature powers of the set. Doesn't need more than 2x recharge IOs.

thank you both for the time this is only my 2nd defender other is empth/elec tis fun to play but wanted to try something else this looked like a fun combo the toon is lvl 6 and i am enjoying the slow from infrigidate plus hail and jet with the starter enh hail seems to hit a ton for dot.