Excessive Map Serv

JuiceManJr

Anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot excessive disconnections on one pc (like every 5 minutes) on my LAN? My friends often come over to play and I have three PCs set up on my LAN. Two work flawlessly. No disconnects. nothing. However, one PC is always map serving. It is a pretty good gaming rig with a Core i7, 16 gb ram, Nvidia 1060 card, win 10. I've updated all the drivers(Video, sound, NIC), changed out CAT 6 cable. plugged it into a different router port. Hard drive was down to about 20 GB so I upgraded it to a 4tb so now there is plenty of space. We have re-verified the game files, reset game settings to default and reconfigured. I have made sure all the fans are working properly and the heat sinks are dust free. I have tried to pull the side off the case and put an external fan on it to make sure it is not heat. Only thing I have not done yet is a memory test or an OS re-install. Anyone have any experience hunting down causes of this issue? Google was not much help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am having this same issue, and at first I thought it was connection.  Yet, I clock my upload at 1.35 mbps and my download at 99.2 mbps on an 150 mbps download service.  So I don't believe its connection, nor do I believe it is server load.  This happens to me when the server load is high(red) and low(green) on all but the EU server(never tried Live in USA).  My money is on a firewall/port/antivirus issue but I know nothing about how or find or fix if it is.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit  Version: 17134.829

Intel® Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz

6GB Ram

2GB  Hynix 1600MHz

4GB  Kingston 1600MHz

Total Damnation

I am having this same issue, and at first I thought it was connection.  Yet, I clock my upload at 1.35 mbps and my download at 99.2 mbps on an 150 mbps download service.  So I don't believe its connection, nor do I believe it is server load.  This happens to me when the server load is high(red) and low(green) on all but the EU server(never tried Live in USA).  My money is on a firewall/port/antivirus issue but I know nothing about how or find or fix if it is.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit  Version: 17134.829

Intel® Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz

6GB Ram

2GB  Hynix 1600MHz

4GB  Kingston 1600MHz

Total Damnation

I would like to add that I did temp checks, just to be sure and I'm seeing 48C to 68C on both cores and the GPU.  Tried turning of my Norton's smart firewall and auto protect. I even stopped sync services (Google drive, gmail, one drive, Etc.). Scolded it with a very strict finger wagging and threat of replacement.  Did not drop-test it though, cost more then I would care to drop. However if Twitch and YouTube stop working...

Sounds pretty annoying.

While playing get something like pandora or neflix going on that pc. It would be interesting to see if that stops or stalls too - if so could be the network connection on that computer.

Can you update the chipset and ethernet drivers? I am assuming built in ethernet, right? Is it a desktop where you can put in a second ethernet port?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Sounds pretty annoying.

While playing get something like pandora or neflix going on that pc. It would be interesting to see if that stops or stalls too - if so could be the network connection on that computer.

Can you update the chipset and ethernet drivers? I am assuming built in ethernet, right? Is it a desktop where you can put in a second ethernet port?

Ran Netflix and COH Stacked side by side so I could see if there was a freeze.  COH lost connection to mapserver, Netflix keep going no skips/slowdowns.  life sucks...

• 9 months later

well this is a bit old but i have a similar issue but I only disconnect after entering mission and it always disconnects twice.. I enter mission, after a minute it disconnects, i login again enter mission... disconnect, then on third try i play normally and usually play all afternoon for several hours and not get disconnect again.. this is weird... It also happens at night sometimes, both if server is full or low...

Edited by Acceleratum