Bots/FF - to primary attack, nor not to primary attack

ParaBruce

In the end, of course, the choice is mine, but I'm curious how others of your assess the tradeoffs. Should I load up on at least a few of the direct attacks in Robotics and join the fun, or should I let the bots do the shooting, take support pools, and be the supportive one? I'm curious how the different approaches go when I hit endgame content, in particular.

I only take Pulse Rifle Burst and Force Bolt unless you have a pressing RP reason for it.  You can fire FB, PR Burst, then FB twice before Burst is up again. The damage is okay on Burst and it has a decent KB chance, so you can use it for finishing off low health foes or trying to add some CC. Photon Grenade is also a possibility, but I personally dislike that my bots photons are much better at CC than mine, so I don't bother with it.

I didn't bother with any of the personal attacks on mine. I picked up Repulsion Bomb mostly because it's about the same damage (that is, not much) as photon grenade, doesn't require the weapon to be pulled out (aesthetics) and has a much better chance to stun, as well as knocking people down. The downside is that it's got a slightly longer animation time and slow travel time. But it's funny watching stuff get knocked down because the bomb hit 20 feet behind them.