"Valkyrie" armor pieces: Color issue

RikOz

I've encountered an odd - and irritating - color glitch with the "Valkyrie" costume pieces. This doesn't seem to affect other types of costume pieces.

Here is what the coloring should look like on my character using the Valkyrie pieces. Note that her basic chest piece, under the Valkyrie "chest detail" piece, is not part of the Valkyrie set, but I've used the same colors.

cWrczrx.png

However, under certain lighting conditions, notably the "night" lighting in Atlas Park, Kings Row, and Steel Canyon (so far), all of the yellow completely washes out, leaving the yellow parts looking white, and the orange parts looking red. And notice that this does not happen to the underlying, non-Valkyrie chest piece, nor to her head pieces, which are from the Carnival of Light sets:

08O1yHo.jpg?1

It seems to be completely unique to the Valkyrie pieces.

Alas, I realize there's probably not much you can do about this, but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case.

Okay, with further observation, this seems to simply be an "issue" with any costume pieces that are supposed to be highly-reflective metal. Another of my alts has one costume that uses the "Metallic 2" chest and legs, as he is a reformed, former member of the Gold Brickers, now operating as a hero. In normal lighting, these pieces are shiny and golden, but in outdoor night lighting, he looks more silver as all the yellow washes out. So I guess that's fine, except that his back piece (can't remember what it's called, but it's the same piece the Sky Raiders "Porter" mobs wear - I use it because it's the closest I can get to the Gold Bricker flight pack) is made of a much less reflective material, and so it retains it's bright golden color in all lighting conditions and ends up looking really out-of-place and "stuck on" at night.

Likewise, a "robot" character I have uses the Enforcer chest and legs, which are also highly-reflective. Silver is the base color, but I used yellow for the pattern, and the pattern vanishes at night.

So basically this is just a side effect of a piece being made of shiny, reflective metal, and I'll just deal with it or find a way to work around it.

Sounds like a problem with exterior/outdoor Lighting, then.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Sounds like a problem with exterior/outdoor Lighting, then.

Could be. In Steel Canyon, at least, I'm going to say "overwhelming blue light". I was just there on a character with a blue & yellow costume (the colors of the Ukrainian flag, as the character is Ukrainian) and the night lighting turned the yellow to a sort of brownish color, which is what you would expect at night. But it "enhanced" the blue parts of the costume into a rather lurid, glowing blue. In this case, the costume is just "tights", with a blue & yellow pattern, so no reflective metal pieces.