Steel Canyon Natural Store Log-in Issue

Jonotjohn

I've repeated this about 8 or 9 times, if you log out inside the natural store in steel canyon you spawn back in behind the counter trapped by invisible walls and have to luck out to break back through. Usually flying works after while.

It sounds like a bug, and this is the right place...I'm not critiquing the issue, but there is a /stuck command you can try that moves you a few feet in a direction that might unstick you easier...

They should still fix the bug if able, but hope that helps make it more livable...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I've noticed, in quite a few Day Job locations, that if I log out near a door, when I log back in my character sometimes appears briefly (like, a split second) outside, the door opens, and I reappear inside. Basically, you log back in and it goes through the "enter the building" animation. My solution to this is to try to position my character far away from the door when I log out.

The Natural store has the odd distinction where the door behind the counter is a functioning door, for whatever reason. So if you log out right near the counter (where you would be while buying enhancements), you're close enough to that door that the game wants to make you re-enter through it. So try making sure you're near the front door when you log out, see if that helps.

I suspect (though I'm not a coder) that, in "reality", there is exactly one instance of each store (notice that every store of a type is exactly the same inside). That's why there's often that little "loading" bit after the door opens - the game is shunting your character into that one copy of the store, regardless of which zone you're in. So, when you log out in the store, the game makes a note of which zone you're in, and then notes that you're in the store. So when you log back in, it first loads you into the proper zone, and then moves you into the store. And for some reason, being close to the door triggers the door animation.

Okay, I've personally confirmed a bit of what I wrote above. I've logged out one of my Natural characters in the Steel Canyon Natural store, two days in a row, and made sure she was near the front door, or at least closer to the front door than the back counter, when I logged her out. Both times, upon logging back in, she was right where I left her, rather than ending up stuck behind the counter.